Topic

New Backpack and Cuben Fly Rod Sleeve

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear New Backpack and Cuben Fly Rod Sleeve

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Michael Duke

@mpd1690

Hello all, I finished a new backpack yesterday, and a sleeve for my fly rod today. I would have liked to use a lighter cuben, but I had extra 1.43 cuben, so I made it from that. The pack weighs 16 oz. The top is 1.9 coated rip stop nylon. The pack body is dyneema x. Lycra mesh pockets. 3/8 in thick mini closed cell foam in the straps. Sternum strap, shock cord front, and load lifters. The side compression is 2.25 mm or 2.5 glocord.

The front of the fly rod sleeve is white cuben and the back is olive drab. The closing line is 1.25 mm from zpacks. I'll take the weight soon.
    Dyneema x front
    Dyneema x side
    Dyneema back
    Top 1.9
    Inside:
    InsideSleeve white 2Sleeve green 2

Fly Rod and Pack:together 2

Michael Duke

@mpd1690

0.505 oz for the cuben fiber sleeve.

Black Hat

@blackhat4life

any pattern you followed or step by step?

looks awesome

Michael Duke

@mpd1690

Thank you! No pattern for the pack. I do make a general pattern so that I can double check my measurements.

For the fly rod sleeve, I just copied the dimensions of the rod sleeve that I currently had.

Christopher Wilke
    Spectator

@wilke7000

Locale: Colorado

So far I like this pack design best in Dyneema Michael! Your Cuben ones are cool but I really like the look of the dyneema for some reason. Keep 'em coming!

Michael Duke

@mpd1690

I like the dyneema as well a lot. I am carrying this for a montana trip starting tomorrow. I do like cuben as well but dyneema x has such a nice feel to it. Thanks Christopher!

Daniel Sandström
    Spectator

@sandstrom-dj

Very nice indeed, great job. I made a pack myself last week, havn't posted about it yet, but it's really great seeing everyones creations. It's not so hard when you're at it, and it's Fun!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools