Topic

evernew 500 pot/mug

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) evernew 500 pot/mug

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    chad patzer

@thexuprising

I was curious if anyone had any experience with the evernew 500 pot. I'm not finding any reviews or info on the net at all about this pot and I'm suprised. I'm looking to down size possibly from my snow peak 600. The evernew is 2.6oz with lid and handle which seems unbeatable with the exception of beer can pots. On top of that its titanium and has meassurment marks which the snow peak lacks. I wonder why ive not found people who are using this(with out the "appalachian kit")

Another question for those who have tried this pot. Does anyone have experience using it with one of zelph's fancee feest stoves? Seems it would be fine but I'm unsure.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

Why is it that below a certain volume, most cook pots have a certain shape, which I would describe as tall and narrow? Then above that certain volume, most have a different shape which is short and wide.

You never see small cook pots that are short and wide, and you never see large cook pots that are tall and narrow.

It probably has something to do with the weight of the water inside it and how the metal shape would deform. That and the minimum weight of metal to hold the maximum volume of water.

–B.G.–

chad patzer

@thexuprising

Thank you Anna!

B.G. I know what you mean. The same confuses me, but I think I found my answer in how the 500 pot will work with the fancee feest. Should be the same as the sp 600 pot. Upon checking, seems that the 500 isn't as narrow as I thought. Its actually only .1" smaller in width than the sp 600 but .6" shorter. Its 3.7" x 3.4" tall and the snow peak is 3.8" x 4". Should work perfect:)

I'd still love to hear peoples experiences with this pot and what they may be using for a stove with it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools