Topic

Kelty Grand Mesa 2 – $69.99

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Kelty Grand Mesa 2 – $69.99

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

I know, it's heavier than any of us would admit owning, but it gets pretty good reviews, and someone may be on a budget. Kelty Grand Mesa 2 for $69.99, Grand Mesa 4 fro $119.99 on bobwards.com.

M B
    BPL Member

@livingontheroad

I use one for car camping, and I like it. At that price its a great buy. It is tight fit for 2, but OK if they are on close terms.

get rid of the heavy stuffsacks (-3oz), use 6 ti stakes (-2 oz), and replace the heavy DAC poles with nanolights (-4oz) and it comes in at a respectable weight. (3 lb 14 oz I think.

If you wanted to use carbon fiber poles, it would then come in at about 3lb 8oz. Very respectable for a conventional 2 person tent. Of course the carbon fiber poles will cost $150 and will also break eventually.

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Oops, I was confusing the Grand Mesa with the Salida.

Todd Dea

@busguy

Locale: Coast Mountains

Sorry, just to clarify . . . you saw a Salida for $69 rather than the Grand Mesa 2 or were you mixing the two of them up when you were referring to it as "heavy" ??

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Nope, it's a Grand Mesa. I was confusing that with the Salida, which is kelty's newer, lighter tent.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools