Topic

Big Dig Shoe Horn

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Multiple Use Gear Big Dig Shoe Horn

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michael Levine
    Spectator

@trout

Locale: Long Beach

I have a pair of La Sportiva Wildcats that fit great, but are just a bit tough to get on. The heel collapses every time and then I do that frustrating shoe wiggle, eventually settling for crushing my finger as the acceptable solution to keep the heel up as I put the shoe on.

I had been eyeing the Big Dig as a trowel AND a tent stake, so I got one. When it came it hit me, use it as a shoe horn! This has worked wonderfully.

Dan Rimar
    Spectator

@tarpon6

Locale: Florida

I plan to use it as a spatula as well..

Brad Walker

@brawa

Locale: SoCal

Same experience here. The Wildcats fit and function amazingly but getting them on…….ugh. I don't understand the silicone rubber (or whatever it is) on the heel either that just seems to make putting them on worse.

They're wearing a little fast for my liking but fit well, so I'll probably get another pair. Thanks for the shoe horn tip.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools