Topic

Please help – Snow Peak Gigapower stove temperature control stopped working

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Please help – Snow Peak Gigapower stove temperature control stopped working

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Josh owen

@azjosho

At least I can turn the gas on and off but that's it. This is a fairly new unit too. Anyone have this issue before and know how to repair it? I took out the control and spindle unit and put it back in but other than that I'm clueless.

Thanks

Hikin’ Jim
    BPL Member

@hikin_jim

Locale: Orange County, CA, USA

Not quite sure what you mean. If the gas on/off valve works, isn't that all the control you need in terms of the temperature? Normally, I open the valve wide if I want a hot flame and turn it down if I want less heat. Or does the gas just barely come on, and that's it?

HJ

Al Nichols

@everready

Locale: Sh!^^% Ohio

Josh,

You really need to add some details to your post. Did it malfunction before or after you took it apart?

Charles Grier
    BPL Member

@rincon

Locale: Desert Southwest

You should be able to adjust the flame all the way from a bare simmer to a full throttle roar. If you can't then there is something wrong with the stove valve and the manufacturer should make the problem good; especially with a fairly new stove. I would contact SnowPeak customer service, explain the problem and see what they have to say.

Josh owen

@azjosho

The stove is either at full blast or off. It stays at full blast no matter what position the valve handle is in. I only took it apart after it stopped working correctly.

Was just hoping this was a common fix that someone had experience with. I've got an email out to Snow Peak and we will see what they say… coincidently their US headquarters are just a few miles from my house ha.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools