Topic

Chacos hurting my feet

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists Chacos hurting my feet

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gregory Simpson

@gsimp18

I bought my Chaco z/1's about 2 months ago and have worn them fairly consistently. The problem I have is around my toes. I adjust the straps around my pinky and big toes every time I put them on so that they aren't too tight. After just a short period of time, the straps begin to rub on my pinky toes and the my big toes to the point of being completely raw. The straps around the toes seem to tighten as I walk. I want to know if the sandals I have are too small or too big. If I need to man up and continue wearing them in or what. Any responses would help.

Thanks,
    Greg

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Hi Gregory

Have a look at this discussion:
    http://www.bushwalking.org.au/FAQ/FAQ_Footwear.htm#Sizes

Sometimes the width (or maybe the size) just does not suit YOU.

> If I need to man up and continue wearing them in or what.
    That idea is just plain stupid. Don't do it!

Cheers

Gregory Simpson

@gsimp18

thats a very interesting article. i might take mine back and get the wide pair.

thanks

D G
    Spectator

@dang

Locale: Pacific Northwet

I had a pair co chacos in wide and they simply would not hold the strap setting. I would evenly tighten the toe and ankle strap and after walking 50 feet the toes were loose and the ankle so tight it felt like my circulation was being cut off. I contacted chacos and they told me I should put sand in the slots where the straps go in. I was not impressed. I returned the sandals. They where also extremely heavy.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools