Topic

Momentum 50 & 55

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Momentum 50 & 55

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Andy Duncan
    BPL Member

@bluewater

Locale: SoCal

Momentum 50 and 55 is now available again at thru-hiker. I've read a lot about the M50. Does anyone have experience with the Momentum 55? It is only available in black right now. It seems like a great option for a lightweight quilt or bivy. . .

Rob Hubbard

@robwa10

Locale: England

It would seem that they are acknowledging what a lot of people on here have been saying about M50. That it's not as down, water and wind proof as M90. If M55 becomes easily avaliable and turns out to be as good as the description suggests then I think M50 may become obsolete. Though at current prices they both are still not an option for me.

Interesting as well that they're going to stop carrying 1.1oz ripstop.

Jared Dilg
    BPL Member

@village

Locale: Texas

Am I imagining it, or did Thru-Hiker lower their prices on the Momentum 90? Pretty cool!

Chris Lucas

@cheme

Locale: SC

I believe it was previously $13.95/yd.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Ron (MLD) had a lot of good things to say about M55 recently, so here's hoping it can live up to expectations.

Joshua S
    BPL Member

@joshualee101

Has anybody here had any success in getting fabric swatch samples from thru-hiker? I've emailed Paul about five times in the past six weeks and have yet to get a response.

Michael Ttrafton
    BPL Member

@mtrafton

Locale: North Carolina

I'm in the process of making a quilt using M50. It indead is light, Did a tear test with regular momentun and did not seen to be any diferanse. I'm akso using 1/2 Cuben Fiber in the quilt. Hope to have a 20* quilt at less then 18oz. So far the shell is 6.85 oz. Going to use 12oz of down, for 2 1/2in to 3 in of loft. Just waiting fo rthe Down.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools