Topic

Pulk Sled

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Winter Hiking Pulk Sled

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Chad Miller

@chadnsc

Locale: Duluth, Minnesota

The drainpipe will involve me getting out my cordellete and lowering the dang thing.

Actually Nodin gave me the idea about sledding down hill.

Ryan Hutchins

@ryan_hutchins

Locale: Somewhere out there

Were the poles mounted rigidly to the sled or was the coupling flexible? We use Automotive heater hose at the sled/pole connection, which works well. It allows some flex for terrain and hip movement, but is rigid enough to produce good tracking characteristics. This means though that the sled also needs a pole type attachment on it's end. Electrical conduit works well for this. The poles on this sled are probably ~8' long. Your movement issues may be from running which I suspect creates more up and down motion which may tranfer to the sled as side to side, but I usually only run when I am being chased , so I couldn't say for sure ;)

Joe Shawcroft

@joe1avs

Where did you order the dog sled plastic runners from?

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools