Topic

Eddie Bauer First Ascent Expedition Weight Baselayers Review

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Eddie Bauer First Ascent Expedition Weight Baselayers Review

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Addie Bedford
    BPL Member

@addiebedford

Locale: Montana
    Danny Milks
    BPL Member

@dannymilks

Locale: SF Bay Area

Thanks for the great concise review Will. It is interesting to see EB extending their line of high quality, good value outdoor clothing.

Rab is also releasing baselayers with the same fabric and similar styling.

peter vacco

@fluffinreach-com

Locale: no. california

i wore this material, or one very close to it for years. it has to be hella nippy for it to not be a limiting factor in how hard one can hike. the stuff is fantastic to wear at work though. when in the bush, for area under the graph usefulness, it can not hold a candle to two layers of thin'ish merino.
    nice review. i saw no graphs. well done.

v.

Curtis B.
    BPL Member

@rutilate

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I have both the EB Expedition and mid-weight baselayers and love them both. As mentioned the expedition weight layers are way too heavy to hike in, but great for very cold or less strenuous activities.

I found that in cool weather I could realistically hike in the mid-weight layers, which are simply a thinner version of the products reviewed here. In the summer I carry them as part of the sleep system. Men's XL mid-weight top weighs 6.7 oz, size L bottom weighs 5.6 oz. They are the lightest mid-weights I could find.

Beauty is both expedition and mid-weights are all on 1/2 off sale right now at
    http://www.eddiebauer.com/EB/Mens-Outerwear/First-Ascent/index.cat

Have fun!

Paul Davis
    Spectator

@pdavis

Locale: Yukon, 60N 135W

Will: Thanks for the review!

Given that the garment is made in Canada, I got to thinking that the fabric resembles that in the Mountain Equipment Co-Op's Expedition Weight baselayer-long-underwear, so for comparison's sake, here is the link:

http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_detail.jsp?rnav=last&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442627307&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302699173

Enjoy!

Paul

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools