Topic

Slippy-Slidy Tarp Tent

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Slippy-Slidy Tarp Tent

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    David White
    BPL Member

@davidw

Locale: Midwest

I’ve had a Henry Shires Squall Tarp Tent for about a year now and overall I really love it. For me its the perfect balance of weight, space, and bug proofness (I’m in heavy mosquito and tick country).

My one gripe is the slickness of the silnylon floor. I’ve tried putting dots of silicon on the floor and also using pieces of non-slip shelving material between my pad and the flooring. Although they help, I still wake up several times during the night a little too close to my tent-mate. Now, just try wiggling back to your half of the tent in the middle of the night in a mummy bag :-)

Has anyone found a cure for this problem they’d like to share.

Thanks in advance

Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

My TarpTent has no floor but I use a silnylon groundcloth like shown in this photo
    The ridgerest pad shown still tended to move around if the ground was very uneven so I have since switched from 3 straps to 4, works well. Simlilar straps could be sewn to a floored TT

Duane Hall
    BPL Member

@pkh

Locale: Nova Scotia

I glued the non slip drawer liner to the bottom of my thermarest. Worked for me.

cheers,

PKH

David White
    BPL Member

@davidw

Locale: Midwest

Thanks, those are some great ideas! I think I’ll give the “strap method” a try on my next trip.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools