Topic

holiday sale at tarptent.com

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals holiday sale at tarptent.com

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Scott Lloyd
    BPL Member

@scottlloyd23

Locale: Swedish Lapland

Check it out – Henry’s offering 15% off until Dec. 31.

b d

@bdavis

Locale: Mt. Lassen - Shasta, N. Cal.

Do the tarptents come with the floor or is it purchased and added separately?

Dondo .
    BPL Member

@dondo

Locale: Colorado Rockies

If you go to the ordering page, it becomes more clear. The tarptents with floor will say so in the description. If it doesn’t say “extended sewn-in floor”, assume that it is floorless. Most folks buy them with a floor.

Stephen Boyd

@sim

Locale: Minnesowtah

Thanks for the heads-up!

Had been doing the mental debate for a couple of weeks and thanks to your post and Henry’s sale I ordered a Rainshadow II with sewn-in floor last night.

Steve

Randy Brissey
    BPL Member

@rbrissey

Locale: Redondo Beach, CA

How dare you to tempt me in such a devious fashion. Now I had to go ahead and buy next summers shelter before the start of winter!

Thanks for the pointer……..to my pocket.

Randy

tim davis

@davis2001r6

Oh, you must be thinking of Big Sky then, you probably wont get it until next winter then.

If Henry says they will ship in January they will be there!

Stephen Boyd

@sim

You said it!

Other than setting it up in the basement to seam-seal it won’t see daylight until spring….but I couldn’t pass on increased value on what was already a good value.

Steve

b d

@bdavis

I couldn’t resist, although I tried. I just ordered the Rainshadow 2, w/ 4 stakes, 2 poles, the silicon sealer, and Tyvek footprint. Oh my. Now I have another tent … my partner is gonna kill me … but it was my only choice to do so … since she thinks the Squall Classic is not right for her I am hoping this one with the head room, wider front top line and dual entry poles for easier entrance and exit, and the fact that it would hold three people so is big enough for all the gear in a rain or even the dog to come along will mean I can use a tarptent more often. Also, I just wanted to make sure Henry has enough sales to justify a good Xmas present for hisself and maybe a trek or two over the holidays. Love supporting the small business people who are really making UL happen, and thereby allowing us almost over the hill crowd persons to keep on trekkin … as Mr. Natural used to say … a lotta years ago now … or did he say truckin’?

Stephen Boyd

@sim

Crud….I forgot to add the seam sealer! Thanks for the reminder!

Steve

Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

Crud….I forgot to add the seam sealer! Thanks for the reminder!

Not much of a problem, GE Silicon Sealer II … available at any good hardware store (be sure to buy clear, not white;-)

Stephen Boyd

@sim

Thanks for the suggestion but I responded to the confirmation e-mail from Tarptent to add two poles and the sealer. They responded back within the hour and my Rainshadow, poles and sealer shipped on Friday. Woo Hoo!

Pretty darned good service if you ask me….especially since I added to my order.

Steve

b d

@bdavis

Sometimes, wihen I am dealing with stalwarts of this UL thing — the ones who make it happen, I like to buy their stuff even if I can go somewhere else and get it cheaper or some other product … loyalty I guess, and common sense … w/o the innovators and inventioners we wouldn’t get far making all our own gear … in fact I wouldn’t have time to ever get out there.

XXX Henry Shires, GG, MLD, RJ, pj, BPL and all of you … and especially my new acquaintances RJ and Nicholas who are gonna keep me alive, no matter how hard I try to kill myself using UL gear in the snow and 0 F – 32 F normal weather (at night at least) and snow, wind, storms and whatever else hits me/us when we are dumb enough to leave our warm comfy house and brave nature this winter. Thanks you guys, thanks back to ya’all.

Lorraine Pace

@sowthefrikan

Stumbled on the sale this evening when I placed an order for the solo Contrail. Yeeeehaaaaa! I love those tents, I swear by the Squall 2 which I use with my hubby. He's not that into hiking so I do need another tent. :-D

They sell sealer? I missed that – asked what to use as sealant. Oh well, I'll toddle back and order. I'm a bit nervous of the whole thing as I've never sealed a tent before.

Time to start reading up on seam sealing.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools