Topic

Keep pad from slipping with velcro?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Keep pad from slipping with velcro?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Chris Alonso

@bigspooky

I have a MLD ultralight bivvy and a 1/2 length neo-air mattress. I like to sleep on a good incline with my head up, but then the pad slips down all night. I'm thinking velcro on the inside of the bivvy and back of the pad, but the velcro pack says 'dont use on fabric or fliexible vinyl' so I was worried it was going to cause a problem. Anyone have the killer solution to this? Tried it before?

Chris Alonso

@bigspooky

Bryce
    BPL Member

@antigroundhogday

Locale: Stamford, CT

There is this cupboard lining I have used in the winter when layer multiple pads. It's like this stuff:

http://www.cooking.com/products/shprodli.asp?DeptNo=9600&ClassNo=9908&CurDept=9600&CurClass=9908&CurSubClass=9974

Not sure of weight, I've I've only used it in winter for base camping. GL!

Brian Lindahl
    BPL Member

@lindahlb

Locale: Colorado Rockies

A little bit of seam sealer on the bivy and pad would work. Horizontal lines on the pad. Vertical lines on the bivy. Or if you want to keep it lightweight, a few dots on either the bivy or the pad might work. Haven't tried it out, myself, but I plan on doing it soon. Seen it recommended many times on these forums.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

This 1 minute video may help you :

video

Franco

William Zila
    BPL Member

@ultralightwillinn-m

Locale: Albuquerque

Something like katabatics bivy pad attachment system some grosgrain and cord would do the trick

Paul McLaughlin
    BPL Member

@paul-1

I stuck velcro to my thermarest with Seamgrip – works great. If what you have is the self-adhesive Velcro, I doubt that will stick well enough. But the regular sew-on type, adhered with Seamgrip, should do fine. Cascade Designs actually recommends Seam Grip for repairs. But if your bivy has a silnylon floor, you probably want to use silicone caulk or Silnet to stick the velcro to the bivy, as I doubt the Seam grip will stick to the silnylon.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools