Topic

GG Spinnshelter Question

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) GG Spinnshelter Question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Justin C
    BPL Member

@paintballr4life

Locale: East Coast

Now I know the specs on this from the GG website, but I was wondering if anyone who owns one can tell me the exact weight of theirs with guylines and seam sealing. Thanks

Hendrik Morkel
    BPL Member

@skullmonkey

Locale: Finland

Mine is 277g incl. guylines, Stuffsack is 11 g. Seam sealing is not necessary, and I have spent plenty of nights in the rain in it without problems, also a thunderstorm didn't manage to drive any rain through the seams. Really awesome shelter.

[Which leads me to conclude that seam sealing is overrated/ necessary if the stitching is rubbish =]

JJ Mathes

@jmathes

Locale: Southeast US

Justin, mine with lengthy EZC 2mm guy lines, line locks and ridgeline seam sealed weighs 9.8oz w/o stuff sack
    weight will vary depending on length of guy lines

Justin C
    BPL Member

@paintballr4life

Locale: East Coast

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

10.15oz with stuff sack, guylines, and seam sealed.

Miguel Arboleda
    BPL Member

@butuki

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan

I've had one of the original SpinnShelters (with the two-flap door in the rear) for about seven years now and have used it in all sorts of weather, from steaming summer days to torrential rains and in spite of not having seam sealed it never had a problem. It's the shelter I inevitably always come back to after trying everything else. Mine weighs 268 g (9.5 oz.). Guylines, 28 g. Stuff sack 15 g. I also use a short rear aluminum pole, cut to the height of the rear peak in storm mode (I raise the front of the shelter, but not the rear) instead of a regular trekking pole (I prefer carrying only one trekking pole), which weighs 32 g.

Robert Carver
    BPL Member

@rcarver

Locale: Southeast TN

9.2 oz seam sealed with triptease line. Absolutely my favorite shelter.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools