Topic

Partner Wanted: Colorado Springs – Pikes Peak Area, Pike National Forest, Lost Creek Wilderness Area

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Partner Wanted: Colorado Springs – Pikes Peak Area, Pike National Forest, Lost Creek Wilderness Area

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Sarah Miller
    Spectator

@lovesasa

Locale: Rocky Mountain High

Hi! I'm looking for (a) hiking partner(s) based out of the Springs or a nearby area to join me on some day hikes as well as 2-3 day backpacking excursions over the next couple of weeks.

I'm particularly interested in exploring the Pikes Peak Area (i.e. Ring the Peak sections, etc.) or anything around Pike National Forest or the Lost Creek Wilderness Area. Pretty flexible, just wanting to get some hiking and short trips in to warm up before I do some longer trips in late July. :)

This weekend Fri/Sat/Sun I'm thinking of doing the Colorado Trail sections 3-5 or some variation thereof. I'd be open to other trails in the Lost Creek Wilderness area, just leaning towards more traveled areas until/unless I find someone to go with.

Me: Female, recent college graduate, fairly fit (Think: CrossFit) but new to Ultralighting. Looking to pick up some trail experience, try out some lighter gear configurations and explore new trails.

You: Willing to provide some company along beautiful Southern Colorado trails. :)

Dean F.
    BPL Member

@acrosome

Locale: Back in the Front Range

I can't this year- I'm deployed. If you're still in the Springs next year give me a call. My wife always complains that hiking solo is dangerous. :)

Jared Blank

@jblank4

Locale: Rockies

Hey

I myself and looking for someone to hike along with this summer. Im interested in Co Springs, and I have spent a good amount of time in Lost Creek. I might be thinking of heading down there this weekend. PM me if your interested

Jared

Eric Marcano
    BPL Member

@ericm

Locale: Southcentral Texas

I'll be working in Colorado Springs on June 29 and possibly the morning of the 30th. After that I'm free until my return flight on the evening of July 4th.

I was tentatively thinking of a trip to RMNP or climbing Pike's Peak. Let me know if that's a weekend that you'll be hiking. I'm wide open to suggestions and to having a partner.

Eric

Sarah Miller
    Spectator

@lovesasa

Locale: Rocky Mountain High

Thanks for all the responses, I'll get back to each of you individually in private messages. :)

Eric Marcano
    BPL Member

@ericm

Locale: Southcentral Texas

After some suggestions from the folks at REI in CS it seems that LCW is the way to go. There have been some posts describing a great loop out there with the possibility of bagging a couple of peaks. So no matter the weather, there's a great hike just a couple of hours away. What a great state!

Peg Cameron
    BPL Member

@pegcameron

Hi! I know this was an old post. I'm older than you, I'm in great shape for my age (46) I'm running my 7th marathon in Denver in September. Anyway, I just need someone like you said to go exploring. I hope you get this.

Peg cameron
    719-338-7560

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools