Topic

Backpack Hipbelt as Pants Waist Belt

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Multiple Use Gear Backpack Hipbelt as Pants Waist Belt

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Shane Bailey

@shane112510

Pack Hipbelt as Pants Waist Belt

I guess this is for the gram weenies out there.

This would only work with minimal hipbelts and if you like to wear your pants the same height as your hipbelt. I've tried it, and it works, but only until you take your pack off. Even though, I find that during breaks, camp, etc., a belt isn't needed too often. Most of the time I'm standing, the pack is on.

Justin Baker
    BPL Member

@justin_baker

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA

Haha, that is cool. This would work well with a heavier duty web belt if you wanted to have gear like canteens, pouches, etc. on your waist. Multi purpose.

Shane Bailey

@shane112510

You could definitely take hipbelt pockets with straps on the back like Mountain Laurel Design's and run your waist hipbelt through the pocket straps between two of your belt loops. Only problem is that you may have to do it every time you take your pack off and put it back on.

Actually, I have an idea to make it a little easier. You could sew a couple of velcro strips on your pants where you want the hipbelt pockets to be, and sew two velcro strips on the straps of the hipbelt pockets and basically mount the hipbelt pockets to your pants. If you use good 3/4" velcro, it should stay on even with some weight in them. Then you just have to run the waist hipbelt through the belt loops and pockets loops.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools