Topic

What hooded down jacket?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) What hooded down jacket?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Scott H.

@handyman439

I really like the looks of the MB Alpine Light, but am looking for something a little warmer now.

I would like a hood, and full zip. Something that would be acceptable to wear around town. Any ideas?

Josh Newkirk
    BPL Member

@newkirk

Locale: Washington/Alaska
    Manfred
    BPL Member

@orienteering

WM Flash – 9 oz

WM Flash XR – 11 oz

Marmot Ama Dablam – 18 oz

Robert Cowman
    BPL Member

@rcowman

Locale: Canadian Rockies

MB frostline, MHW Sub Zero SL parka, literally dozens of them. Honestly though, all look pretty ridiculous for town use IMO.

And I live in a town that gets -30 and colder temps for 4 months a year…

Scott H.

@handyman439

I like the hooded helios jacket. Anyone have a picture of it in use?

Scott H.

@handyman439

maybe I will just stick with the alpine light and layer when its really cold. Then I only look like a small marshmallow in public, haha.

Robert Cowman
    BPL Member

@rcowman

Locale: Canadian Rockies

I dont even wear a technical jacket in the winter way up here. Just a G-star Down jacket and a 320 wool hoody, or an old Arcteryx Maverick SV fleece when its -40.

patrick walsh

@apbt1976

My favorite coat this past winter was my Wild Things Primaloft 1 i think 3 gram belay jacket.

It was perfect as far as warmth for active adventures and just around town.. The cut was short so that sucked with a harness but around town and otherwise it was perfect as you don't look like a slob with his coat down around his knees.

Scott H.

@handyman439

I was planning on getting down, just cause of backpacking. But the jacket will get alot more use running around town when its really cold out. Primaloft does look better for that imo.

What weight primaloft jacket would be equivlent to a MB alpine light (4.2 oz. of 800 fill)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools