Topic

JMT this year

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports JMT this year

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Charlie Schaezlein

@cschaez

Locale: Orange County

Some buddies and I are trying to do the JMT as a post-graduation pre-work trip, but we're a little worried about the weather this year. Obviously leaving later would be better given the snow, but we're time constrained and can't leave after July 15.

Has anyone heard anything about the trail conditions specifically? I'm calling a park ranger tomorrow but i figured I would float a line here as well

Thanks in advance

Daniel Maher
    Spectator

@dfmaher99

Locale: SoCal

The PCT-L blog , http://mailman.backcountry.net/pipermail/pct-l/2011-June/052755.html

offers a steady stream of info regarding trail conditions. This post details the recent experience of one pair of very fit hikers.
    Some other posters estimate that the thaw is in progress and should remove 1' per week.
    Enjoy
    Dan

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools