Topic

Father’s Day Super Stove Sale

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Father’s Day Super Stove Sale

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Locale: www.bplite.com

Father's Day Sale

Get in on this great bargain.
    2- Venom Super Stoves
    2 – Four ounce fuel bottles
    2- one ounce measuring cups

This stove is made from an aluminum energy drink bottle. It's a 1 piece stove, no pot stand needed.

When 1/2 ounce of fuel is used this stove has the ability to absorb and hold the fuel as a safety feature. If the stove is accidentally tipped over the fuel will not spill out.(Just like the StarLyte)

This stove is a compilation of features found in several different stoves that I have made over the years. The StarLyte, Fancee Feest, Cobalt and Cobalt Blue.
    SPECIFICATIONS:

Weight – 1.6 ounce

Height – 2.75 inches – 7 centimeters

Diameter – 2.50 inches –

Fuel capacity – 1 ounce – 30ml

Will boil 2 cups of water under optimum conditions using 1/2 ounce of denatured alcohol and a 2.5 cup aluminum pot.

Material – Heavy duty aluminum beverage bottle

Recommended fuels – HEET in yellow bottle, Denatured Alcohol, "Meths" (outside the U.S.A.)

Price for 2 stoves= $14.95 + $4.00 for shipping and handling- Total Cost $18.95

To purchase go to zelphs-stoveworks.com

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/fathers-day-super-stove-sale.php

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

This sale will end Monday evening. That will give the Fathers time to buy their own if they didn't get one :-)

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Monday morning I leave for a one week adventure in the great outdoors. Orders that come in on Monday will be shipped the following week.

Orders that arrive on Saturday will be shipped on Monday via my wife.

A big Thank You to all that have participated in this sale so far.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

A little off topic, but what makes the Venom Super Stove a better stove that the Starlyte? I have a Starlyte and I absolutely love it. I'm planning to make a cone style windscreen for it to boost stability and then I think it'll be the perfect setup. I love how short it is as that lets me get away with a shorter (lighter) windscreen which fits inside my MSR Titan Kettle.

So what makes the Venom worth the extra weight? Is the idea that it's a more durable design? Or more stable?

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Hi Dan,

The Super Stove pot support can be cut down and then Coleman fuel can be used in emergency conditions when alcohol is not available. Extreme care has to be taken when doing so. The stove is an excellent choice for a BOB bug-out-bag, emergency preparedness kit etc. Having a warm drink is a comforting thing in an emergency situation. I have a youtube video that shows the cut down version burning Coleman Fuel, also the wind resistance of the stove. Maybe it's a photobucket video, can't remember, too many videos.

Weight reduction is a "challenge" but not an absolute necessity when it comes to heating some water.

The StarLyte is 2" tall and the Super Stove is 2.5"

I'll be doing some tests of the Back Country Boiler using the StarLyte as a Companion alcohol burner. Applying a soup can lid to the StarLyte will spread the flames to the kettles' wall. I use it in that fashion on my stainless steel kettle and can boil 2 cups of water with 1 ounce of fuel. I should be able to see an improvement with the aluminum Back Country. My recent purchase of a used boiler arrived in the mail today. Monday I leave on a camping adventure for 1 week. I'll be using the boiler for the duration.

The Venom is definately more durable than the StarLyte.

Each of the stoves has it's good points.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools