Topic

Trail Designs’ Titanium Floor: Tortilla Cooker

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Multiple Use Gear Trail Designs’ Titanium Floor: Tortilla Cooker

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Tyson Marshall
    BPL Member

@sheepngeese

Locale: Ventura County (formerly PNW)

On a recent trip in Kaua'i, I snagged a pack of tortillas and oil (which were left behind from a previous hiker in the area). Using a 900ml Evernew pot, with my Caldera Sidewinder setup, I attempted to cook tortillas in the pot — with little success. I then realized, "Tyson! You're brilliant!" (as I pulled the Titanium Floor out from under the Sidewinder and put it on top!) With a little oil drizzled over the tortillas, and then cooked on the titanium floor, these tortillas make for a great combo with a rice and jerk chicken freezer bag meal! The excitement caught on camera.

Also, frying an egg (with a lightly larger titanium floor piece) would be money!

Excited!

Alasdair Fowler

@messiahkhan

Locale: Newcastle, UK

I like your thinking! I'm really keen to try out our new Caldera Sidewinder. Was going to try on holiday the other week, but it was waaaay too windy. The whole stove would have blown away, lol.

James Neal

@laien

Locale: Ozarks

Excellent idea!

Steve Clark
    BPL Member

@petuni

Locale: Quispamsis

I will be trying that!!! Excellent idea and never thought of that!!!!

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

BRILLIANT! Tyson. Were you drinking Guiness at the time? Is that what gave you the inspiration?

I too have a Sidewinder with the Full Monte of accessories. Usually I use ESBIT tabs so if I take tortillias & fixins on my next trip I'll use my Sidewinder's floor (non- ESBIT side) to fry those puppies. I'll bring the tiny ESBIT "floor" to use at that time.

You need to write Rand at Trail Designs and tell him about this.

BRILLIANT!

Tyson Marshall
    BPL Member

@sheepngeese

Locale: Ventura County (formerly PNW)

I didn't have any Guinness, but I know I hiked in some bourbon.

So I wrote Rand and he thought it was a "wicked good idea". I told him I'd setup my Sidewinder and figure out some dimensions for a good sized "UL Griddle"! He said he'd help get it to me.

spelt with a t
    BPL Member

@spelt

Locale: Rangeley, ME

I love this idea and would probably buy a griddle/shallow fry pan/whatever it ends up being called.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools