Topic

Alaska Crow Pass Eagle River Fishing in early July?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Alaska Crow Pass Eagle River Fishing in early July?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    chris smead
    BPL Member

@hamsterfish

Locale: San Jose, CA

Hiya,
    I'm backpacking the crow pass trail in early July, and I was wondering if there's any Salmon in the Eagle river at that time?
    If so, what do I use to catch them?

I'm very new to fishing, so forgive me if I sound naive.
    Any other tips on that area are also appreciated.

Thanks!

Dan Quixote
    BPL Member

@dan_quixote

Locale: below the mountains (AK)

I just found this via google, but it looks rather promising for you in terms of timing.

Eagle River Fishing

Russ Porter

@russp17

Locale: Anchorage

THe Eagle River is a glacial river meaning that the visibility will be very poor, causing fishing to be very poor. THe salmon fishing is downstream of where the trail ends at that the Eagle RIver Nature Center. I would also check the alaska Fishing regualtions to make sure fishing for salmon is even legal, most of the time salmon fishing isn't legal where the salmon spawn in the upper river. If you want a backpacking trip with better fishing email me [email protected] I were you I would not plan on fishing the Eagle River. Just enjoy the scenery.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools