Topic

PA hikers – anyone used the BFT-STS connector trails?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion PA hikers – anyone used the BFT-STS connector trails?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Matthew Marasco

@babymatty

Locale: Western/Central PA, Adirondacks

I am trying to plan a trip that utilizes them, but I haven't been able to find any maps that show them marked. I have looked at topo maps of the area, but the route seems a little sketchy (use of gas line clearings as trails, lots of area without any evidence of trail, etc.) They are supposedly blazed with blue rectangles, but I doubt they get much use and wouldn't want to rely solely on following them. Have any of you used them before? If so, would you mind sharing your experience?

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

GOOGLE Sesquehannock Trail System for so you can find where to get their excllent set of topo maps of the trail plus the little guide book. Then GOOGLE the Black Forest trail, etc. for other maps.

The PA Dep't. of Forestry may have maps also.

Matthew Marasco

@babymatty

Locale: Western/Central PA, Adirondacks

Well, I'm leaving on Tuesday, so I don't think I'll have time to get the STS guide. I already own the BFT guide and map, which shows about the first two miles of each connector trail (hey are 8.5 and 5 miles for the north and south connectors, respectively). The southern connector seems pretty straightforward, it's the northern one that seems confusing. Ah well, I suppose I'll just have to be the first to post .gpx files of it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools