Topic

25% off at Campsaver on Montbell

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals 25% off at Campsaver on Montbell

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    T.C. Cromie
    Spectator

@yogru

Locale: Land of too much rain!

Been waiting for this sale!

Just picked up a Mont-Bell UL Super Spiral Down Hugger #3 for $212 shipped

Some good prices on jackets too.

Stephen B Elder Jr
    Spectator

@selder

Locale: Front range CO

Good find! #1 also!

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

the email they sent has the wrong prices. they took another 25% off for the email. i called them on it and they wouldnt honor the cheaper price they sent out on email. waste of time.

Greg F
    BPL Member

@gregf

Locale: Canadian Rockies

I am in Canada so I need to get up to $200 to get free shipping. Is there anyone who would want to get in on an order together to save shipping costs? We could split the cost of shipping it once one of us reciece the order from Camp Saver.

Bryce
    BPL Member

@antigroundhogday

Locale: Stamford, CT
    Ben C
    BPL Member

@alexdrewreed

Locale: Kentucky

Any good insights as to the difference in these 2?

Andy F
    Spectator

@andyf

Locale: Midwest/Midatlantic

I have the #3 super. Here's my experience based on a few hours of testing at around 28-30 F:

The Super Spiral 2 oz heavier and can stretch more to give more room. The disadvantage is that when the entire bag is stretched, at some point, the overall loft is reduced. When the bag is stretched in one spot too far, such as the knee of a bent leg, that spot will feel cold.

Depending on the temperature, some of the extra room you gain with the extra stretch might only be usable for repositioning, not for a long-term sleeping position. The tradeoff for the flexibility is that you have to manage cold spots more carefully than with a non-stretch bag.

If you're at least fairly comfortable in a normal size bag, get the Spiral. If not, get the Super Spiral.

Brian Gentry

@treegreen

The Spirals are often lighter, but the Super Spirals will seriously stretch to give massive amounts of room if you really want it. The Supers are very comfortable.

Ben C
    BPL Member

@alexdrewreed

Locale: Kentucky

Sounds like both are decent options. Leaning towards the spiral. Interesting point on loft and stretch. I always feel a bit of stretch reduces trapped air and is a bit warmer. But I can see how you can have too much of a good thing.

T.C. Cromie
    Spectator

@yogru

Locale: Land of too much rain!

Their U.L vests/jackets are on sale…just not the Ex Lights

Kevin Cody

@codycolor2

Locale: Los Padres NF

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I am always the guy who waits around for sales, then buys the item because he gets frustrated that he can't find the deal so he buys it then the deal comes out. YOUR MY HERO.

Dave Heiss
    BPL Member

@daveheiss

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Bummer – the Montbell Thermawrap pants aren't part of the sale.

Todd Dea

@busguy

Locale: Coast Mountains

I got the e-mail this morning as well but was too busy at the time to look. Came home and saw this thread and jumped on it. Not quite quick enough apparently to grab a U.L. Super Spiral Down #3 bag in a reg (sold out) but I did manage to grab an UL Down Inner jacket in Royal Blue in my size !!

Thanks again for posting the deal !

Kevin Cody

@codycolor2

Hearing this makes me feel for you but at the same time I am so happy I have a smart phone with internet so I can order it while at work :) oh and thank you BPL for this section and to the original poster of this thread

Todd Dea

@busguy

Locale: Coast Mountains

LOL. Nice !! Did you get the last #3 reg ??

Jimmie Rich

@syrmyth

I just bought the UL down parka (they are sold out at campsaver) a week ago but I would prefer the regular jacket. Anyone want to buy my parka so I can buy one of these jackets? It is size small and is the orangeish color. If I had the money I would just keep both because I really like the parka. :p

Josh Thomas
    BPL Member

@jtpeso

Locale: Louisville, Ky

Woo hoo! I checked last Thursday and every length and zip of the Montbell #3 spiral and super spirals were sold out. Just checked again for some reason, and they had one spiral down #3. Freakin sweet.

Kevin Cody

@codycolor2

Yes I did. Turns out that although I got the 25% off discount I happened to be semi unlucky in the fact that their was a lot of people ordering that day and some how the computer allowed them to sell more then they had. Needless to say I won't be getting my #3 till mid to late June which I will IMPATIENTLY wait for. So worth the wait though.

-Kevin

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools