Topic

Zing bars

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Has anyone else tried Zing bars? Saw them in REI the other day, decided to pick up one of each flavor to try (they had four different flavors). These things are quite good! I've tried the cranberry orange and the almond blueberry so far, really enjoyed them both. 50 grams, 200 calories, 10 grams protein, and wheat/gluten/soy free. A couple of them are dairy free as well. Lots of organic ingredients. One of the tastiest bars I've tried yet, I'll be buying these for backpacking trips in the future!

Joseph R
    BPL Member

@dianoda

Locale: Chicago, IL

I've given the blueberry almond flavor Zing bars a go and thought they were pretty good. Flavor was decent and the bar went down easy, texture was a bit chewy but I enjoyed that part. Sounds like it'd be worth my time to try the rest. I definitely wouldn't mind getting the blueberry almond again, just that I've got a few boxes of Pro-bars to work my way through first… PB&J, superfood slam, and the banana flavor (banana boom maybe?), they're expensive, but tasty and quite calorie dense @ 380-390 per bar.

Warren Greer
    Spectator

@warrengreer

Locale: SoCal

Doug, no I haven't! But, I've had plenty of Stingers bars and gels. They are the best I've tried. Not dry and chewy like so many other bars and the taste is more natural and flavorful. As a matter of a fact, I'll be heading to REI to get some for my trips this year. They are probably on sale now. That being said, I'll give some Zing bars a try. Which one do you like best? (also while I'm there I'm gonna get a pair of Saucony Peregrins with my 20% off coupon, but then I digress).

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

"Which one do you like best? "

So far, almond blueberry and cranberry orange.

Mark Ries
    Spectator

@mtmnmark

Locale: IOWAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I dunno thats only 113.4 calories per oz

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

Interesting how they get the fiber in them – chicory foot is the new(ish) way to pump up food. Be sure to drink a LOT of water ;-)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools