Topic

600d and 200d Polyester

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear 600d and 200d Polyester

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    robert perks

@rperks

I have been searching the web with little success for some 600d, and possibly 200d, for some bag projects I have rattling around in the concept phase. These materials are seeen fairly comonly in finsshed goods and sourced from recycled bottles etc.

I am looking at the challenge of making bags, on a craft scale, that can be completely recycled, but sourcing the materials is a bit more af a challenge than I thought

Any help finding these would be great.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Owfinc, Seattle Fabrics, Thru-Hiker, Rainshed … lots of sources available. See also
    http://www.bushwalking.org.au/FAQ/FAQ_DIY.htm#Fabric
    for other sources.

Cheers

robert perks

@rperks

I have looked at all of those vendors, Alibaba etc. and I am not finding the polyester that is being used by Patagonia, Nau, Osprey, etc. It is made from recycled PET and likewise can be melted back down chemically and spun into new fiber. I like durability and feel of the materialfrom the bags I have, but cannot find this material in small quantities.

I know that the nylon based cordura and ballistic cloth can get me close to the same ends, but I am working through the design exercise of making the whole bag one recycled and recyclable material.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools