Topic

153gms (5.4oz) world’s lightest remote canister stove $35

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals 153gms (5.4oz) world’s lightest remote canister stove $35

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    Paul Tree

@paul_tree

Locale: Wowwww

Hi Huzefa, I have enjoyed your designs in the past.
    This certainly looks very nice.
    If not too late, I would like to get one too.

Either way, congratulations!

Huzefa @ Blue Bolt Gear
    Spectator

@huzefa

Locale: Himalayas

Last time is 11pm EDT, 18th May.

Paul Tree

@paul_tree

Thanks, and happy trails on your expedition.
    I'd like to hear more about it!

Al Nichols

@everready

Locale: Sh!^^% Ohio

I'd like one too please.

Al

Huzefa @ Blue Bolt Gear
    Spectator

@huzefa

sure. you are welcome.

Ken K

@thefatboy

Locale: St. Louis

I've already ordered and paid for one, but some of my boy scout leaders want in on this, too. I am putting together a list and will get them all paid for this evening. Please check back here at your order deadline.

I also have a couple questions… Where are they being shipped from? Will we incur Customs/duty charges? If I buy four or five, would you prefer to ship them all to one place? If being shipped from overseas, would that put them over some cost or size threshold that would incur additional cost? I'm fairly ignorant with regard to international shipping.

Finally, is there any chance at a second order a month or two from now after we've had a chance to evaluate these first few and see how suitable they are for our needs?

Thanks,
    Ken

Steven Adeff
    BPL Member

@tincanfury

Locale: Boston

now to find a nice windscreen for this stove…

Ken K

@thefatboy

I just sent payment for three more stoves for some of my boy scout leaders. Please send them all together.

Thanks,
    Ken

James Klein
    BPL Member

@jnklein21

Locale: Southeast

"you have money"

thanks,
    James

John Donewar
    BPL Member

@newton

Locale: Southeastern Texas

Huzefa,

I'm in!

You've got money from John C. Donewar, a.k.a. Newton via PayPal.

I'm hoping that you still have some left and that I made it in "under the wire"for ordering.

I'm looking forward to receiving my world's lightest remote canister stove.;-)

Good luck on your adventure!

Party On,

Newton

Gregg Spoering

@gspoerin

I just saw this. Unfortunately its 12:03 AM on the 19th
    Gregg

Huzefa @ Blue Bolt Gear
    Spectator

@huzefa

Gregg, send me a email at huzefasid at gmail dot com.

Erik Basil
    BPL Member

@ebasil

Locale: Atzlan

Well, when you fellas get them, I trust you'll test'em out and let the rest of us know your reviews! It sure looks good, and I like the preheat tube, that's for sure.

Ken K

@thefatboy

It seems like May 30th is soooo faaarrrr awaaaayyyyyyy. I WANT MY NEW TOY! Can someone please fast-forward the calendar a week or two?

Paul Tree

@paul_tree

Anxiously awaiting, anyone get one yet? I am afraid shipping has gone awry..

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

With shipping on May 30, it could take 15-20 days to get it from India, as he tells you up front.

Karple T
    BPL Member

@ctracyverizon

Locale: Mid-Alantic

Yikes … Hate to do this … but I found a better deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Camping-Backpacking-Gas-powered-Stove-Butane-Burner-/130448000460?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e5f4e85cc

No big to me as I am happy to contribute to the trip.

For those who would like one though there are 10 left at $27.00/free shipping to US.

** I caught the date & dragon boat before you posted Newton – Thanks**

John Donewar
    BPL Member

@newton

Locale: Southeastern Texas

Craig,

"So Huzefa is the eBay seller. Hmmmm!"

FWIW

I could be wrong but I don't believe that this is the case. Go to the eBay page that you provided the url for and click on Seller info. If I am reading it correctly it says that the seller's location is China.

Also;

"This seller is currently away until June 6, 2011."

Check out the date in Huzefa's post.

"I wont be available by email till 20/6 but stay assured that stoves will ship soon."

20 is the day and 6 is the month. So 20/6 equals June 20th.

On the eBay sight the specifications are listed as Size:96x42x110mm Weight: 225g Power:4000W.

In Huzefa's original post the specs are Folding size:95*38*108 Weight: 153gms Output: 3000W

I will admit that looking at the pictures on both sites that the stoves seem to be identical. If the specs are correct on both sites the eBay stove is $7.50 cheaper, 2.5 ozs heavier and has a 1000W higher output.

Lastly from the About the Seller page on eBay.

"Dear customers,

We are going to have The Dragon Boat Festival in China, one of the most traditional holiday in memory of a Chinese poet by name of Qu Yuan(from 4 June to 7th June), We will be OUT OF OFFICE during this time…"

Party On,

Newton

Ryan Nakahara

@kife42

Locale: Hawaii

People are able to buy stoves like these in bulk from China for very cheap. If you look at the thread that Huzefa linked to in the 1st post, you see it was selling for 18 euros, or about $27. Dealextreme sells other chinese stoves for under $10.

Personally, I bought the stove knowing it would eventually be found cheaper elsewhere. Yes the ebay stove is a better deal, and it's probably the same stove, but that's how things are on the internet.

Ken K

@thefatboy

>> I will admit that looking at the pictures on both sites that the stoves seem to be identical. If the specs are correct on both sites the eBay stove is $7.50 cheaper, 2.5 ozs heavier and has a 1000W higher output.

If the "World's lightest remote canister stove" ends up coming in 2.5 ounces heavier than advertized, I'm going to be a little miffed.

I misunderstood his original post… I was thinking 15 – 20 days from his order deadline, not 15 – 20 days from the mailing date on the 30th. In any case, I'll give it another 9 days before I start hooting and hollering.

Ken

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

I have that stove.
    The weight on my scale (5g increments) is 155g .
    .With the plastic box ,instructions and cardboard box it would be about 2.5oz heavier.
    Franco

Ken K

@thefatboy

That's good to hear! Now if only my new toy would get here… Have I mentioned that patience is not one of my strong suits?

Michael Bachman

@rivrfox

Locale: Western Slope, Colorado

no one has gotten their stove yet?

Angelo R.
    Spectator

@zalmen_mlotek

Locale: Northwest CT

no stove for me yet.

Ken K

@thefatboy

None here. Not ready to panic yet, but I really want my new toy!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 92 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools