Topic

Lumix G3

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Photography Lumix G3

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Rick Dreher
    BPL Member

@halfturbo

Locale: Northernish California

Panny today released the third edition of their meat-and-potatoes µ4/3 camera, the G3. They've reduced bulk by 25% and weight by 9% (11.8 oz, body only); added a higher resolution sensor and touchscreen; and retained the flippy display and built-in EVF (nearly 1.5M-dot EVF). Focus is said to be quite fast for a CDAF camera.

http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/panasonic_lumix_dmc_g3_review/

I'm glad to see that despite keeping the mini-slr design, they wacked so much bulk from the earlier Gs. Will be watching to see whether Oly adopts this sensor for their next generation.

Cheers,

Rick

Ken Bennett
    Spectator

@ken_bennett

Locale: southeastern usa

I'm interested in this camera. We have a GF1 and a G1 in the house, and they are terrific, but better high-ISO image quality would be welcome for the kind of work that I do. And the add-on EVF on the GF1 is pretty bad. The G3 looks to be smaller than my GF1, too. That would make a nice pair for travel and personal work. Looking forward to it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools