Topic

Backcountry Boiler Mk II available!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Backcountry Boiler Mk II available!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 19 posts - 101 through 119 (of 119 total)
  • Author
    Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Thanks Brad. Saved me an e mail.

David Ure

@familyguy

Same boat guys so thanks to Brad for clearing it up. I was off for a few days and was anxious to see if it had arrived at work. Not yet but should be soon.

Shane Reed
    BPL Member

@sreed24

Has anyone that received a tracking number on the 18th received a boiler yet? This patience thing is getting harder and harder.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Devin gave an explanation for the way that works on his Kickstarter page. Apparently the labels get printed and that sends out the shipping information though actually nothing has shipped. He did also say that the first batch of raws and supremes were supposed to be picked up for shipping this week. I agree the waiting is getting hard.
    Also explained a few posts back.

Just checked. Fri 5am Pacific time. They have not yet shipped. So much for this week.

I would have had to had it for the past winter. I am still slightly hopeful that it will be here in time for the GGG.

I may not open the box when it gets here just to see how it likes waiting.

John Vance
    BPL Member

@servingko

Locale: Intermountain West

I am in the same boat …..kind of takes the fun out of it.

USA Duane Hall
    BPL Member

@hikerduane

Locale: Extreme northern Sierra Nevada

Seems I signed up to be on a list when stoves are available or whatever. Nothing recd yet, way down on the list of priorities.

Duane

Devin Montgomery
    BPL Member

@dsmontgomery

Locale: one snowball away from big trouble

Hey Guys – The last Boilers from that label batch will go out on Monday – you'll be able to follow the tracking number from those emails once USPS picks them up.

As I hope the last Kickstarter update conveyed, wrapping things up with this manufacturer has been an all-consuming effort. Until I was sure that the very last backer would get their Boiler, I have admittedly been making everything else a lower priority. I know that the wait is hard for everyone, but I've had to balance the interests of the whole group.

The good news is that I just picked up the last of them yesterday, and I'll be posting another Kickstarter update on this shortly.

Best,
    Devin

PS – Post-Kickstarter Boilers – I have some good leads on a new manufacturer, and I'll be sending an update to the mailing list just soon as the last of the Kickstarter rewards are mailed off.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Mine shipped! It's really happening! Fire!

USA Duane Hall
    BPL Member

@hikerduane

I wonder how many will show up on eVilebay now from people who had to wait so long?

Duane

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Not mine!

I'm sure it would sell at the GGG swap meet,lol!

USA Duane Hall
    BPL Member

@hikerduane

Sight unseen, I'll give ya $50. :)
    Duane

Matthew Roberts

@matthewjamesroberts

Locale: San Fernando Valley

"PS – Post-Kickstarter Boilers – I have some good leads on a new manufacturer, and I'll be sending an update to the mailing list just soon as the last of the Kickstarter rewards are mailed off."

I'm interested Devon

John Doe
    BPL Member

@jessearl

Devin,

Any thoughts as to when the next batch of Boilers will be available for sale?

I'm hoping to have one for a trip at the end of May.

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

Mine showed up last week, really nice. I couldn't figure out what it was it first; I had forgotten I'd ordered it way back when! Now I have to figure out how to use it.

Michael Levine
    Spectator

@trout

Locale: Long Beach

Now I just wish I could use it for the JMT or the GR-20, my two trails for this summer, both don't allow campfires, which this qualifies as. I got a wick for it too, but that's just trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

Rakesh Malik

@tamerlin

Locale: Cascadia

"I got a wick for it too, but that's just trying to fit a square peg in a round hole."

Why do you say that? The same thing that makes a volcano kettle extremely efficient with a wood fire also makes it extremely efficient with alcohol. While it's true that using wood saves weight compared to using alcohol, it's still a good approach to boiling water.

It's more general cooking and melting water where the kettle shows its weakness, though if it's stable enough it ought to be possible to put a heat dispersing plate like the one from the Backcountry Oven on it, and use a frying pan over that.

Randy Martin
    BPL Member

@randalmartin

Locale: Colorado

I got my BC Boiler last week. Just wondering if you couldn't also burn an Esbit solid fuel tablet in the BC Boiler. I have never used them but wondering why they don't come up more in conversation than Alcohol. Just as much BTU per oz as Alcohol.

j lan

@justaddfuel

Locale: MN

Here is a video of it burning with esbit, bonus beat, a second cup on a pot stand over the top :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B8-7dGDbmk

Rakesh Malik

@tamerlin

Locale: Cascadia

Nice setup, James! I think there's a lot of potential in the BCB, beyond boiling water by taking advantage of the fact that you can put a second pot on top. When I get mine, one thing I'll also experiment with is putting one of the Backcountry Oven heat disperser plates (Scorch Buster) on top, with a frying pan over it. :)

Viewing 19 posts - 101 through 119 (of 119 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools