Topic

Backcountry Boiler Mk II available!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Backcountry Boiler Mk II available!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 119 total)
  • Author
    Hendrik Morkel
    BPL Member

@skullmonkey

Locale: Finland

Devin just put the Backcountry Boiler Mk II up on Kickstarter.

Click here to get yours!

Thomas Budge

@budgthom

Locale: Idaho

Can someone explain why the new "Prime" version does not come with a stuffsack? Devin's video says that the softshell sleeve replaces the stuffsack, but unless that sleeve encompasses the base of the boiler it would seem that the lack of a stuffsack would result in soot from the inside of the boiler getting into your pack.

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

The stuffsack/sleeve on the Prime appears to be both a sleeve and all-encompassing stuffsack. I suspect that Devin doesn't want to show detailed pictures of this new sleeve yet for fear that that British company will once again steal his design.

Christopher Taggart

@penndude

Locale: Western PA

I woke up to the email on my phone and hurriedly signed up for mine. Well, in my semi conscious state, I signed up for the Prime. I wish I knew more details about it. I would like to have an included bag so my pack doesn't smell like soot.

Devin Montgomery
    BPL Member

@dsmontgomery

Locale: one snowball away from big trouble

Thanks guys!

On the Prime – that softshell sleeve is also a stuff sack, just folded up. In the middle of the video, I set it down on a big rock and you can see how it looks in stuff sack mode. I'm traveling right now, but will post pics to clarify when I get home.

BTW – can I just say Holy Cow! 90 backers in 12 hours. I think I just peed a little. :)

Christopher Taggart

@penndude

Locale: Western PA

You deserve a serious pat on the back and I'm tempted to take a quick afternoon trip to the burgh to buy you a beer. What a following the BackCountry Boiler has amassed!

This is literally how my morning went. Woke up to the notifying email and tried to decipher what it was all about. Took it all it. Panicked and immediately signed up in support of the Prime to hold my spot. It was ridiculous.

Randy Martin
    BPL Member

@randalmartin

Locale: Colorado

The description of the Prime seems to imply it is Anodized but not the Supreme. Am I reading that right?

Rakesh Malik

@tamerlin

Locale: Cascadia

At least the 2nd batch is coming when I'm employed… I missed out on the last one because my contract ended and I'd just paid for my Africa trip. Now I have another contract, so I have some income and can actually support Devin this time :)

Way to go, Devin… you're already past the half-way point, and you just started your Kickstarter campaign! My first one didn't go nearly so well… I didn't get the word out to enough people quickly enough :-/

Larry M
    BPL Member

@maethros

Locale: Mid South

Darn, I missed out on a Prime. My son confiscated my 1st Gen.

Andy Schill

@aschill

Wow, the Boiler is getting A LOT of press. REI just posted a link to the Boiler on Kickstarter saying people should help fund it.

I need to get one..

Rakesh Malik

@tamerlin

Wow. And in two days it's almost hit its target already!

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

whoa, Andy where do you see the REI spotlight on the BCB? *EDIT ah, its on their twitter feed. Cool!

I do see the outside blog article about it! Great publicity…even though there are a few mKettle trolls posting in the comments section. Do your part and whack-a-mole on these a-holes.

http://outside-blog.away.com/blog/2011/05/the-gear-junkie-scoop-backcountry-boiler-camp-stove.html

Devon, this must be a pretty exciting time for you! Truly inspirational my friend. Who need's a law degree when you can build an empire out of wood twigs, neoprene, and anodized aluminum ;) Congrats!

Cayenne Redmonk
    BPL Member

@redmonk

Locale: Greater California Ecosystem

http://twitter.com/#!/REI/statuses/68783715752484864

Backcountry Boiler: Hot water from found fuel.
    A new project on @Kickstarter you may just want to help fund!
    http://kck.st/kKuhJA

Dustin Short
    BPL Member

@upalachango

WOW, that's great PR. I'm also glad to see that REI (or at least a savvy employee) is making the effort to ensure that the proper design (and designer) is recognized for their tremendous effort.

Devin, Congratulations. In just about a day you've managed to nearly raise the full $20K for this production run. I'm glad the community is able to support you in your endeavors! I know this has been a labor of love for you over the past few years and it's amazing to see it start to gain traction. Unfortunately I'm just a poor college student again that's focused on gearing up my outdoor climbing and not backpacking, but I look forward to future production runs from you when I can snag one of these myself!

I see this as just the beginning of your story, and it's inspiring to all of those that produce high quality gear and dream of bringing them to market someday.

-Dustin

R S

@rps76

You six people obviously 1) have more money than I do and 2) seem, at least to me, like people who like to see their money go to a good cause. Also, I see no reason why one should have, nor need, 6 Backcountry Boilers. So if you could be so kind, could you please give one to me. I promise to use the **** out of it. Thank you.

Me.

Paul Gibson

@pgibson

Locale: SW Idaho

RS, There is a group of folks going in together on multiple groups of six on another forum. ;) More than likely they will all be spoken for by the end of the day.

Devin, Looks like you are going to likely run well over goal, any chance of more Primes being added? As of right now there is less than $1000 left needed to hit the goal, congrats. :)

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

Almost there…

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

"Also, I see no reason why one should have, nor need, 6 Backcountry Boilers."

I'm part French. That calls for 7 course meals, even in the backcountry…….

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

Of course !
    The curse of the seven course
    I am a bit of a Francophile myself
    Franco
    (well done Devin)

R S

@rps76

Can't blame a guy for trying.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Way to go Devin. I got a prime. Your almost there!
    Great concept Kickstarter has there.

Rakesh Malik

@tamerlin

"I'm part French. That calls for 7 course meals, even in the backcountry……."

Does that mean that you cook all 7 courses at the same time? :)

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

"Does that mean that you cook all 7 courses at the same time? :)"

Drats. Foiled again…..

Rakesh Malik

@tamerlin

Oh well… I was imagining an octopus with a French accent lighting 7 BCB's all at once ;)

David Cleckner

@blaster6

Locale: Colorado

That was impressive. Made the goal already. Congratulations Devin!

I guess that means I have to cough up $90 dollars then. At least I have until June to tell the wife.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 119 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools