Topic

MYOG Cuben Pack

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear MYOG Cuben Pack

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Scott Nelson
    BPL Member

@nlsscott

Locale: Southern California and Sierras

I thought I might show you a pack I made with the heavier Cuben from ZPacks. I used just a yard of cuben along with gridstop and silnylon I got from thruHiker. The pack is fairly large for a frameless pack to carry a bear can while not feeling like a bowling ball strapped to your back. Weight 14 oz. with ridgerest back panel.3/4 viewtop closedtop openfront view

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

Looks good, Scott.

Christopher Zimmer
    BPL Member

@czimmer

Locale: Ohio

Hey Scott great job on the pack, I really like the long sweeping side pockets! They look cool. Your shoulder straps look good as well, how much padding do they have and what kind?

Great job and thanks for posting some photos!!!

Scott Nelson
    BPL Member

@nlsscott

Locale: Southern California and Sierras

There isn't much in the way of padding or "frame". Just a section of Ridgerest the size of the back panel. By taping some ensolite to my garcia bear can, I have smoothed out the annoying center rib that always digs into your back. I have pieces of foam on either side of the rib- like padding around a blister. Anyway, this makes the ridgerest panel enough padding. I use a neoair and the ccf for my feet and sit pad. If the pack weight stays under 30 lbs, it should be okay. I did 10 miles in it with 27 lbs. and it was good.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools