Topic

Pacific Outdoor Equipment Peak Elite AC Sleeping Pad $US 64 at Amazon.com

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Pacific Outdoor Equipment Peak Elite AC Sleeping Pad $US 64 at Amazon.com

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

Okay, ebikestop sucks. Only today did they update my order status to show that it was back ordered. I didn't get an email or anything. I'm going to call them tomorrow to cancel that order. I still want this pad, so I ordered it just now from Amazon.

Andy Lee
    Spectator

@fiveohhh

Locale: MN, metro area

There's also a coupon you can use at Amazon if you have an Amazon CC to knowck the pad down to $50

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=48918

Ryan Nakahara

@kife42

Locale: Hawaii

konrad probably mixed up the last 2 weights. my regular came in today, it is 11.45 oz. seems pretty nice for $64. it says to store it flat to avoid the insulation foam from getting compressed. here is a pic before i blew air into it.

poe elite

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

wow, now they are offering them for $54.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004JMTFFQ

20x72x2.5 regular.

and you can get a free trial for amazon prime 2 day shipping!

had to pull the trigger on that one.

drowning in spam

@leaftye

I'm having terrible luck ordering this pad. I do end up ordering it from Amazon, but then about a day later they drop the price by another 10%. Sheez. Whatever, the pad just better show up by Friday.

Roger Munsey
    BPL Member

@8100lt

Locale: Cincinnati, Ohio

Using Promo code SPORTS20 with my Amazon credit card, it came to $43.38 with free 2- day shipping! I had to go with it just to try it out at that price…

Mark Cashmere
    BPL Member

@tinkrtoy

Locale: NEOH

In for 1 at that price for sure. :)

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

Code not working for me. POE makes great pads. I'm always shocked at the number of people that don't realize someone beside Thermarest makes insulated pads. Or that a variant of this pad pre-dated the neoair by about 4 years.

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

@ Ryan,

Hey, just reconfirmed my weights, and I definitely did not get the weights mixed up. Based on everything I'm reading, there's huge variances on these. I was actually quite shocked when I saw that my regular 72" length pad weighed 10.8 ounces. The women's version weighs more even though its shorter because they've added insulation in the foot area. I was actually quite dissapointed that the 3/4 length weighed 9 oz. I had hoped that it would be a lot lighter (closer to 7oz), but seeing as how the full length weighed only 1.8 ounces more, I am returning the 3/4 length.

FWIW, one might want to buy multiple pads of the same size, weigh them all, and keep the lighter one. I bought all 3 sizes from amazon.com

If you look at Debbie's earlier post, you can see that she scored a Women's petite at 10.45oz, whereas my women's petite weighs 11.4oz. She also confirmed the weight variations with POE, to which they stated "We have been seeing pieces from 10 oz. to 12 oz. with a mean of about 11.5 oz for the 'regular' length"

So yea, no mix up on my posted weights :)

I'd be curious to know if anyone scored a 3/4 length pad weighing less than my reported 9oz.

Heath Pitts
    BPL Member

@heathpitts

Locale: Nashville

Just to add the weight of mine to the list, mine in the regular 20x72x2.5 length is 11.2 oz

stephen billings
    BPL Member

@stephenb

Locale: oregon

I ordered one (reg. size) last night (at 11:30 PST ) after reading this thread.

It was $62.90 last night; so they must have lowered the price to $54 right before they ran out of them- as I do not see the reg size on the site at the sale price or in stock today.

I have NO complaints about the slight drop in price after I ordered- Because I signed up for the Amazon CC (which I will probably never use) as was described in this or another thread here and got an instant $30 gift card on the purchase- PLUS I used the Sports promo code that was listed here for another 20 % off. And I got the free shipping. I really then had no choice but to order the pad. I had to – Amazon made me ;^)

So….. my grand total was $20.32 !! WOW

Thanks for the heads up on these pads and the amazon deal

drowning in spam

@leaftye

My regular size 72×20 is less than 11 ounces.

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

mine is 10.8

slept on it on tray mountain last night on the AT. very comfortable for under 11oz. i usually rock a neoair large, so this was quite smaller for me but still great. i used an exped pillow which made up for the less length. as a side sleeper, i felt more cradled in this set up which made for a more restful (less tossing and turning) sleep.

patrick walsh

@apbt1976

does this thing pack as apposed to the neo air?

Seems pretty simple to go with this over the Neo air in regard to price and weight. If it is just gonna pop the first time out or not keep me warm though it is just a waste?

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

packs up a little smaller than the neoair med due to the mummy shape. the insulation added very minimal bulk if any.

i slept on a grassy spot atop tray mountain near helen ga saturday with it. no ground sheet, just the poe straight on the grass. when packing up, i noticed a rock buried in the dirt that i didn't feel and the bare mattress came away unscathed without even a blemish.

i did notice this vs the neoair on inflation: with the neoair, i feel it is more comfortable under-inflated so that i sink a little. with my poe, the sweet spot for me is at full inflation as the larger side-walls are higher than the four middle chambers and they cradle me, replicating that sunken feel. perfect for me as a side-sleeper. this design is superior in my opinion as it better insulates me from the ground as you get the most insulation at full vs. partial inflation.

Miles M

@milesm

If I inflate it until it is stiff and after 3-4 days, it isn't the same, should I return it?

Miles M

@milesm

I mean, it held air perfectly for 1-2 days but after several days, it got pretty soft…

David Ure

@familyguy

Sounds like a slow leak assuming there are no changes in barometric pressure.

Miles M

@milesm

I just unboxed it, inflated it, and left it inflated in my house for days.

Aaron Robson

@quintessence

Locale: Texas, California, BC

I wouldn't immediately put this down to a leak – even if the nylon membrane doesn't have a leak/hole in it, air will still escape by diffusing straight through the membrane. For untra-thin nylon like this pad is made out of, I would guess that this diffusion would be significant enough for a pad, inflated to 'stiff' to feel 'soft' after three or four days.

If your pad was going from stiffly inflated to noticabley saggy over the course of one night, that would be more indicative of a slow leak.

Paul Hatfield
    BPL Member

@clear_blue_skies

Still waiting for Amazon to get some longs in stock. I've seen Amazon's price on the regular size pad hit as low as $55.

Jeff M.
    BPL Member

@catalyst

Has anyone seen the women's version on sale at all?

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Paul Hatfield
    BPL Member

@clear_blue_skies

Use a price alert site like http://onlinepricealert.com/ to watch for price reductions on products carried by amazon.com

Amazon frequently changes the price on products… sometimes several times a week.

Jeff M.
    BPL Member

@catalyst

Went with a regular. It arrived today and weighs in at 10.5 ounces. Not bad.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools