Topic

Turf Toe due to creek/river crossings

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Turf Toe due to creek/river crossings

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kevin Cody

@codycolor2

Locale: Los Padres NF

So I have La Sportiva Wildcats and love them. My only qualm with them is that during creek/river crossings and stepping over rocks puts my feet in weird positions which is what I believe caused the Turf Toe "Turf toe can occur after a very vigorous upward bending of the big toe resulting in damage to the ligaments under the big toe." Has anyone else had this problem and if so what did they do about it? I suppose I could just not go where the bigger rocks are and just try to stay flat footed as much as possible.

-Kevin

Randy Martin
    BPL Member

@randalmartin

Locale: Colorado

Just wondering if you are completely relying on your feet to stabilize yourself. If so I can easily see how if your foot did get put in a strange position that without trekking poles that putting full weight on it would increase the likelihood of injury.

Trekking poles allow you to disburse that weight over two additional "Feet"

Kevin Cody

@codycolor2

Locale: Los Padres NF

I had my LT4's with me but I didn't use them probably as much as I should of during the creek crossings.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools