Topic

Anywhere in Michigan

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Anywhere in Michigan

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ike Jutkowitz
    BPL Member

@ike

Locale: Central Michigan

Spring is my favorite time to be in the woods in Michigan. Within the span of a few weeks, everything goes from brown and lifeless to vibrant and green. During this time, I generally leave the dehydrated trail foods at home, preferring instead the delicacies that the North Woods have to offer.

Bodhi
    My companion for the trip

ramps
    Ramps (wild leeks)- the aroma alone, a combination of onions and garlic, make me salivate in anticipation

ramps 2
    We found a whole sea of them

wintergreen
    Luckily, there were also lots of wintergreen berries to freshen breath afterward

Terrapin
    Found many of these guys (don't worry- not on the menu)

b2
    Bodhi wasn't so sure

snake

spring beauty
    Spring beauty

Morels
    Morels

fiddleheads
    Fiddleheads

fiddles

sky
    Fiddleheads, ramps, and morels are amongst the finest delicacies that the woods have to offer. All I needed was a nice brook trout to go along with them. Unfortunately, the rivers were high and muddy last week. All in all though, it was a beautiful day.

Tim Zen
    Spectator

@asdzxc57

Locale: MI

Ike — another set of awesome photos from you. Thank you.

Andy Berner
    BPL Member

@berner9

Locale: Michigan

The weather has been awesome these past few days and I need to get out. If any of you guys in MI wanna do an weekend or even a mid week trip send me a PM.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools