Topic

3 years of Backpacker or Outside magazine for $10

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals 3 years of Backpacker or Outside magazine for $10

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Dave T

@davet

From Slickdeals:

Discount Mags has 3-Years "Backpacker" Magazine Subscription for $9.99 after applying coupon code "BACK3" and/or 3 Years of "Outside" Magazine $10 with code "1040".

http://www.discountmags.com/product/5702/backpacker?a=slickdeals&xTerm=3

http://www.discountmags.com/product/5098/outside?a=slickdeals&xTerm=3

Todd Dea

@busguy

Locale: Coast Mountains

Has anyone ever ordered through these folks ?

I figured $10 for 3 years of Backpacker Mag wasn't enough money to worry about if it turned out to be a sham so I took a shot and ordered if from discount magazines but I ordered Outside Mag through Amazon less than 2 weeks ago for significantly more than this price so am seriously thinking about canceling the subscription through Amazon and ordering it from these guys . . .

Thoughts ?

Dave T

@davet

Yes, I have gotten a couple subscriptions through them, and I see this type of sub-$5 price for magazines (including Backpacker) pretty often. The only downside is that it seems to take 2-3 months to get the subscription going, but that's not much slower than the usual process, I don't think. For $10, it's easy to add issues on to an existing subscription and run it out another three years.

Rod Wolfy
    BPL Member

@rodwolfy

Well, sounds like a good deal. I just dropped $20 for 3 years on each. We'll see what happens. I did the Deekins one about 6 months ago and got Backpacker for a year for $3. I keep getting renewal requests from the magazine for $20 a year…

I know a lot of magazines give away many issues as promotional material for various reasons. Go to a marathon and you'll usually be able to get a free issue of Runners World. I suspect that a lot of the industry is like that.

Ryan C
    BPL Member

@radio_guy

Locale: United States

The discount code BACK3 does not appear to be working for me.

Joseph R
    BPL Member

@dianoda

Locale: Chicago, IL

I think it's expired now, I tried signing up for Outside and the code was not working. But Discount Mags offers discounts like this on Backpacker/Outside every couple months (usually there are one or two mags on promotion at any given time) – if you follow Slickdeals you should see it pop up again. I signed up for 3 years of Backpacker the last time around (I think it was $12 total for all three years), my first issue came in the mail a week or two ago – so I can attest that Discount Mags is legit.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools