Topic

L.L. Bean Flyweight II chest waders

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Fishing & Tenkara L.L. Bean Flyweight II chest waders

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Terrence Randell
    BPL Member

@trandell

Locale: Long Island, NY

I'm just getting into fly fishing and I've been searching for a good entry-level pair of waders. I ended up picking the L.L. Bean Flyweight II. I have not gotten them yet, but they get a 4.6/5 star rating on 42 customer reviews.

Here's the odd bit. The men's version does not show up when you browse the catalog, only the women's. Search for item # TC241533 to find them. At $79, it seems like a helluva deal. They may be too thin once weather turns cold, but I'm thinking these are great for warm weather and a weight saver for backpacking.

Mark Ries
    Spectator

@mtmnmark

Locale: IOWAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Hey Terrence what do they weigh? Guess Im used to seeing my legs turn blue

Terrence Randell
    BPL Member

@trandell

Not listed on the site. I'll weigh them and post as soon as I get them. I ordered the Emerger wading pants as well to compare and contrast.

Mark Ries
    Spectator

@mtmnmark

thanks Terrence most of the light ones end up around two pounds ( mine are ) Ived never carried any backpacking. If its sunny and the wind aint blowin to bad I just wade in shorts and trail shoes you get used to the cold after a while

Terrence Randell
    BPL Member

@trandell

Got two pairs of waders today to try on

LL Bean Flyweight II Stocking-Foot Waders – size XL – item # TC241533 – 1002g, including wading belt
    – not true-to-size, order one size smaller
    – way too much room in them, but that could be due to one size too big
    – material is nice and light and moves easy
    – thin enough they may tear or wear out sooner than you'd expect

LL Bean Breathable Emerger Waist-High Stocking-Foot Waders – size L – item # TA215616 – 825g, including wading belt
    – true-to-size
    – very comfortable
    – good range of motion
    – material feels substantial enough to stand up to regular use

At $79 for either of these, it's a slam dunk on the money side for the quality you get.

Mark Ries
    Spectator

@mtmnmark

So my xl chest waders field and stream from Dicks at 32.6oz / 924g are not that bad weight wise although I doubt that I would pack them for very much distance.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools