Topic

Come on, give me some more activities to be obsession about, my GF will love it!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Other Activities Come on, give me some more activities to be obsession about, my GF will love it!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 26 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Jesse Glover

@hellbillylarry

Locale: southern appalachians

Bryce I'd love to see pics of your 7 replicas. A miata mased locust is one of my dream cars.

My current weekend car is an 86 mr2 with a 20v 1.6 with individual throttle bodies and a 8200 rpm redline. You should hear those throttles sing a 8k. I'm thinking of doing a 7 or maybe restoring an old datsun fairlady 1600 next.

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

Jesse,

That 1600 was an awesome car. I had one. Also think about a TR-6. I love that car.

Bryce
    BPL Member

@antigroundhogday

Locale: Stamford, CT

MR2s are badass, my uncle had a 1st gen w/ 170k+ miles, I thought it was the coolest as a kid.

Here is my trip where I flew out to Tulsa, OK to buy the car then I drove to Deal's Gap in the Smokey MTNs for the Super Stalker yearly get-together and then home to CT:

Pics:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.571806852496.2103433.17506531&l=b6bd698987&type=1

Trip Report:
    http://usa7s.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5443

It has entirely replaced the feel of the motorcycle with more turned heads along the way. And it's safer than a bike for sure. (The EVO IX I bought after the bike crash did not replace the bike at all)

Jesse Glover

@hellbillylarry

So yours is a stalker? 4.3 v6 right I bet that thing hauls.

I know deals gap well. I go regularly and sometimes I'll backpack the weekrnd and run the dragon on the way home.

As far as triumph go they bring too much money. You can get a clean rust free datsun roadster in for 5-8k or half what a British roadster would cost.

Ive been thinking about starting a sports car lovin ultralighters thread in chaff maye I'll do that.

Bryce
    BPL Member

@antigroundhogday

Actually it gets better. It is a Super Stalker w/ L67 supercharged engine w/ remapped ECU:
    http://www.bruntonauto.com/Specs/Specs.htm

I know of the fastest Stalker in the land for sale w/ an LS3 in it if you are interested. :o

Kathleen L
    BPL Member

@kathleenl

Thanks guys. Bryce has enough ideas! So many that he doesn't have time to take is PATIENT girlfriend to the movies. :P

Jesse Glover

@hellbillylarry

Excellent hobby. Hombrewing is great because you can go super obsessive or super simple. If you drink microbrew it can save you money.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I know what we missed— you need a couple kids. That will take care of any spare time and all your cash. ;)

Bryce
    BPL Member

@antigroundhogday

I don't drink (she drinks wine) and absolutely no kids (no offense). But you're certainly right about the spare time and cash, haha.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I *KNOW* about kids and cash. Getting two kids through daycare until kindergarten ran us about $40k, and there was 12 years of private school and then college (one down, one halfway there). I remember writing a check for daycare and one month was exactly equal to a round trip ticket to Maui.

Lynn Richard
    BPL Member

@trailh4x

Locale: Atchafalaya Basin

Test the airs of hanging. Hammocks are a great twist on getting out. Makes, models, new MYOG developments and cottage industry are ever evolving. Our ranks tend to draw the tinkerers and evolutionists of outdoorists. Between the gear accumulation, stress analysis tracking, outing planning and attendance and forum contributions and tracking it can be a pretty consuming hobby.

http://www.hammockforums.net

Bryce
    BPL Member

@antigroundhogday

Good stuff with the hammocks. I have two good friends who are on HF and while I was on the ground, I did a "Hang" last year in the Pine Barrens of NJ:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.553729035586.2077780.17506531&l=642948577d&type=1

I do sleep better in a hammock, I admit it….but I can't stand adding weight. I guess if upping my Benadryl doesn't knock me out (going to try 75mg, 50mg was just ok), a hammock may be the only way. Being SUL is great and all, but if I can't sleep, doesn't matter how little I carry.

A Grand Trunk Nano would be nice in the summer and not too much more weight, but once I start rocking under quilts then things get heavy! :p

Viewing 12 posts - 26 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools