Topic

A cooler back is a happy back – Thanks Piper

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) A cooler back is a happy back – Thanks Piper

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

"This looks surprising like the old LBE with butt pack issued to me in the early 70's."

Funny you should say that. I still have my old LBE hanging from a hook in my garage! 'Twas a bit heavier than this, though! And there wasn't any cuben anywhere to be found! ;-)

Michael Fogarty
    BPL Member

@mfog1

Locale: Midwest

Wow, where did you learn to sew/craft Chris, your stuff looks Great.I really like your Orange X-Pac fabric backpack that's for sale over at GearSwap.

Robert Mak

@blmac

Cool pack. 2 questions. What is the purpose of the side release buckles on the back panel? The rest of the pack doesn't seem to detach, I only see it good for torso adjustment but then why make it side release? Also would it be a good idea to add one side release strap to secure the load?

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Sorry Robert, but I don't really understand what buckles you're talking about.

If it helps – the harness detaches completely from the pack/hipbelt, so you could carry just the pack/hipbelt like a fanny pack if you wanted to.

The pack carries exceptionally well, no bouncing whatsoever, so no real need for any other strap to secure the load.

Take care,

Doug

Kevin Cody

@codycolor2

Locale: Los Padres NF

Hey Doug I could of over looked it but I never saw a detailed review on how you liked it. What did you like/not like along with pictures of you wearing it. Overall verdict?

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools