Topic

Sources for LineLocs

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Sources for LineLocs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Scott Nelson
    BPL Member

@nlsscott

Locale: Southern California and Sierras

I thought of one idea that is not elegant or light. You could take a lineloc 3 adjuster and attach it to a tiny side release buckle like 1/2 inch. You could attach the lineloc with 2 tiewraps(?) and sew the side release buckle to the pack. It would allow you to have an adjustable cord that easily releases. Contrarily, would there be a way to buy these from the "world" division of Nextec in europe or asia in smaller quantities? Or is this dabling in grey market tricks?-Scott

Paul Gibson

@pgibson

Locale: SW Idaho

Just added the Line Lock3's to our small weekend sale. Hope everyone has a good one, I will check in Monday morning. I did get a PM about dibs on 100 of the WSR-LL3's so we should start a running total on them.

Paul

Terry Trimble

@socal-nomad

Locale: North San Diego county

I was thinking since we canot get the WSR lineloc 3 buckles. IMHO the buckle does have weak point from the sample I got and is fragile.
    Why not go with Ykk 3/8" side release buckle that they use on the osprey exos, lowe alpine zepton pack and the jan sport cloud ripper series of packs. It is a strong buckle and 3/8" webbing will give better compression than cord.Use it with 1/2" D rings from quest fabric.
    Plus you get 25 bucles for $7.95 from coutry brook store.
    Terry

Daryl and Daryl
    BPL Member

@lyrad1

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth

http://stores.ebay.com/Country-Brook-Design/Other-/_i.html?_fsub=2041249017&_sid=90685457&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Terry,

I went to the URL above but couldn't find the 3/8 buckles. Did I go to the wrong place?

Daryl

Richard Brownkatz

@rbrownkatz

Locale: Southeast

I found the buckles Terry referred to here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/25-3-8-YKK-Side-Release-Flat-Plastic-Buckle-/350460181269?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51990dfb15

Looks like a terrific deal (and store. They have other interesting SR buckles). I agree this would make sense, Terry, for using on packs and, perhaps, a compression sack I'm considering. One of my projects, however, is for quick and easy attachment in awful weather of the four bad-weather tent lines on my Shangri-La 5 pyramid. I don't want to stake them out every time I use the tent in good weather, and I don't want the long lines hanging on the tent all the time. A SR buckle with a LineLoc would be perfect.

I've been playing with work around ideas like you suggest, Scott. I need to find what small SR buckles I've got lying around or that I can steal from other gear. I can't decide how I want to attach the LineLocs – nylon thread? Gorilla tape? Sew some webbing? Glue? Combination? Probably have to experiment.

Paul: Including 10 WSR LineLocs for me, I think we're at about 210 so far based on this thread. Is that right?

Thanks everyone.
    Richard

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

Put me down for $50 worth of side release buckles. That's about 75 I think.

Terry Trimble

@socal-nomad

Daryl and Richard I am glad you found Ykk buckles elase were on the web the seller also has a amazon.com store. I use 1/2" flat nylon webbing some people use 1/2" wide stiff cross grain ribbon on line loc3. But I prefer webbing for strength.
    Terry

Daryl and Daryl
    BPL Member

@lyrad1

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth

Terry,

3/8" side release buckles arrived in the mail yesterday. Looks like a good buckle for a good price.

Thanks,

Daryl

Darren Jakal
    BPL Member

@djelica

Locale: mountains of western canada

Hi,

I have been looking for the side release linelocs and came across this thread.

I am trying to contact Arrowhead equipment to see about getting some. Maybe I'm blind, but I cannot for the life of me find a way to get in touch with this company.

Can anyone help, thanks in advance.

Darren

Jason Hung
    BPL Member

@moma-moma

Locale: store.picharpak.com

Hi Darren,

I can offer the ITW parts in a MOQ 10pcs per models, but you need to bare the shipping cost from Hong Kong to you!

send me a PM for which item you want i give you an quote.

cheers
    Jason

John Donewar
    BPL Member

@newton

Locale: Southeastern Texas

Hi Darren,

Try this link.

http://arrowheadequipment.webs.com/contactus.htm

I hope it helps.

There is also a Skype "button" on the Arrowhead Equipment website.

Party On,

Newton

Paul Gibson

@pgibson

You can always also send me a PM here :) And like Newton mentioned we can be reached though skype nearly every day during normal hours. IM, Voice, Video, smoke signal I try and keep up here with PM's though pretty quick.

For what it's worth we have not ordered the buckle line locks yet as there has not been any where close to 2000 of them spoken for to make a group order of them happen. I'm still game to help out any way we can but we will need a lot more folks to jump on to get all of them spoken for.

Cheers,

Paul
    Arrowhead Equipment
    Tenkara-Fishing

John Donewar
    BPL Member

@newton

Locale: Southeastern Texas

Paul,

"I am trying to contact Arrowhead equipment to see about getting some. Maybe I'm blind, but I cannot for the life of me find a way to get in touch with this company.

Can anyone help, thanks in advance.

Darren"

From what I can gather Darren has not specified a PM email address. As a BPL Guest I believe he has the ability to PM you using the BPL PM system. I am really not sure what he has access to with his guest status. ;-?

Party On,

Newton

Darren Jakal
    BPL Member

@djelica

Hey thanks to everyone who responded. I have sent a message to Paul via the address provided above.

Darren

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

Scott with Backwoods Day Dreamer/ DIY Gear Supply sells the Line Loc 3's for $.28 each which I think is the best deal going though I can't say for sure because I buy them by the case. He also sells quite a bit of other nicely priced first quality DIY products.

http://www.diygearsupply.com/cgi-bin/shelf.cgi?numb=54

Darren Jakal
    BPL Member

@djelica

Hi Paul,

Tried to contact you through

http://arrowheadequipment.webs.com/contactus.htm

I don't use Skype and would prefer not to and I cannot PM here (not sure why). I use a regular phone and email.

Sorry to everyone if this is not proper protocol, but I would be very interested in getting some side release linelocs.

If need be I could take a few 100 (I want at least a 100 anyway) to make this happen. So if this would work for you please let me know (reply here or reply to my email as per the above contact page).

Thanks and again sorry if this is not the proper way to do things.

Darren

Paul Gibson

@pgibson

Darren,

I sent you back an email this morning in response to your contact. Be sure to check your spam filter as it could have grabbed the message.

Where things stand now is that even with your 100+ we are still someplace well over 1000 needing to be spoken for to push the order though and make the group buy on the side release line locks happen. I am still game to help and can notify my supplier any time to have Nexus start making them but we will need to put up the funds to make it happen. I have posted about the buy on a couple other forums to see if we could get a bigger range of folks interested and try to get the order numbers up closer to that 2000 piece range but have gotten no other interest than that here on BPL.

I have put your name on the list I have running Darren and will post updates here should more interest in the SRLL jump closer to the 2000 piece range.

Cheers

Paul
    Arrowhead Equipment
    Tenkara-Fishing

Jim L
    BPL Member

@bmafg

Put me in for 50 of the WSR Linelocs when it happens.

Jim the BMAFG

Rusty Beaver
    BPL Member

@rustyb

Locale: Idaho

Hi,

I'm another who stumbled on this thread while searching for the "World SR Lineloc 3". http://na.itwnexus.com/content/world-sr-lineloc-3

Wish I could help fill out the rest of an order for a group buy… but I only need one.

Has anything materialized since with these?

Ivo Vanmontfort
    BPL Member

@ivo

Rusty Beaver
    BPL Member

@rustyb

Thanks. That made me very excited….until I realized they were in Europe. Shipping costs would probably deter me from purchasing one, unfortunately. That's assuming they would even ship to the U.S.

Thanks again though!

Terry Trimble

@socal-nomad

I noticed the new Gossamer gear Murmur is using the Lineloc WSR side release buckles.

I have a idea for you guys approach Gossamer gear and see if they will sell them in packets of 8 for $8.00 To $10.00 price for the packet for the DIY own pack crowd only and you can only buy one packet every 6 months. So you not a making packs to compete against them. They might go for the idea because they are sitting on at least 500 to 1000 of those buckles right now. It worth a try personally I have 5 buckles that I was able to sample out from ITW/Nexus and they are not really all their cracked up to be they can't take a real load pull with out unsnaping. But I am keep mine for some little projects.

Personally I think your better of using 1/2" webbing and side release buckle from quest fabrics.
    http://www.questoutfitters.com/narrow_roll_goods.htm#WEBBING-%20NYLON
    Terry

Richard Brownkatz

@rbrownkatz

Thanks Terry. I sent GG an email asking about this.

Richard Brownkatz

@rbrownkatz

Michael at GG says they plan to have the Lineloc SRBs available by the end of the year.

Rusty Beaver
    BPL Member

@rustyb

Thanks Terry and Richard.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools