Topic

Sources for LineLocs

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Sources for LineLocs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Richard Brownkatz

@rbrownkatz

Locale: Southeast

Looking for a USA source for the ITW Nexus World Side Release LineLoc 3.
    ITW Nexus has given me one USA distributor who sells only in huge lots.

I also need the cheapest USA source for the ITW Nexus LineLoc 3 Ladderloc.

Thanks.

Brad Walker

@brawa

Locale: SoCal

http://www.bearpawwd.com/fabrics_misc/fabrics_misc.html

Edit: Oops, you're looking for the webbing linelocs. Sorry!

John Donewar
    BPL Member

@newton

Locale: Southeastern Texas

Richard,

How many LineLoc 3's do you need / want?

I can't help with the side release style but I do have some regular Line Loc 3's.

Do you need a supplier or do you need some for a MYOG project?

Party On,

Newton

Terry Trimble

@socal-nomad

Locale: North San Diego county

I have tried buying the the World side release line loc 3 buckles from Itw/ nexus main distributor in the USA.
    They can't get it because it's a world item, I am also thinking all world buckles are not available to the general public. I think some manufacture like Granite Gear developed the WSR line loc 3 with Nexus that may be the reason we can't get it. Like the Climasheild Apex was not released to the myog Crowd until over a year after the large manufactures tested it out.

Some distributors will not sell boxes of less than a 1000 or $100 minimum purchase of items. The reason for the case minimum or $100.00 minimum purchase is it costs lot of money to break up a case or have a worker pull small amounts for the distributors.

I know this information because I use to purchase buckles and cord locks from a distributor back in the early 90's.
    I am still sitting on about 800 cord locks from my evil bag of 1000 cord locks,300 yards of 3mm black parachute cord when 1 manufactured bodyboard leashes and surf fin leashes.
    Terry

Richard Brownkatz

@rbrownkatz

Newton.
    I want about 40 lineLocs for several MYOG projects. So I don't need a distributor. For these I'm trying to be cheap. (Our income is about to be cut by about a third) The best price I've found so far is .35 cents each.

Terry
    Yeah, that's what I feared.

Thanks.

Daryl and Daryl
    BPL Member

@lyrad1

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth

Richard,

Lineloc3s are $.30 each here.

LINELOC

Daryl

Richard Brownkatz

@rbrownkatz

Thanks Daryl.

John Donewar
    BPL Member

@newton

Richard,

I believe that I have 12 Line Loc 3's in my project room that I could PIF to you if you PM me with your address.

No cost and no shipping. What goes around comes around and I have recently been gifted from someone else on BPL.

Let me know. Free is better than cheap.

Party On,

Newton

Steven Maxfield
    BPL Member

@fredmax56

Locale: New England

Hi Richard,
    You can get 100 linelocs from Zpaks for 25$plus 3.95$ shipping.
    Fred

Richard Brownkatz

@rbrownkatz

Thanks, Newton. That's very generous of you.

John Donewar
    BPL Member

@newton

Richard,

You are very welcome. I'm just Paying It Forward for a favor received. One of these days maybe I'll be the one that starts a PIF instead of just following up on one.

I have received your PM with your shipping info and address. I'll pack them up and get them on their way to you.

Party On,

Newton

Richard Brownkatz

@rbrownkatz

Considered others may also want some of the WSR LineLocs and we might make a group buy. So I contacted Hi-Tex Corp,the USA distributor for the ITW Nexus World Side Release LineLoc 3. They will only sell them in 2,000 piece lots at $660, plus shipping.

Scott Nelson
    BPL Member

@nlsscott

Locale: Southern California and Sierras

I first saw them here on the blogs about the Laufbursche packs. I would buy 40 or so if we wanted to do a group buy. -Scott

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Hi Scott, yeah Laufbursche and Granite Gear packs were the first ones (that I saw) to implement them on their packs. I can understand Granite Gear buying a large quantity minimum order, but I'm curious if Laufbursche did the same (considering that he's also a solo practice cottage gear maker).

So it looks like 33 cents each, minimum of 2,000. This will take a while. FWIW, i'd be down for 20.

Maybe we can get a cottage maker to tag along? Glen, Ron(s)? HMG? Is wishful thinking = dumb thinking? :)

Also, which one of us will have the misfortune of physically hand counting out all the pieces to redistribute??

Richard Brownkatz

@rbrownkatz

Got 'em John. Thanks.

As for counting, well since I started this thing, I'll be glad to do it.

Paul Gibson

@pgibson

Locale: SW Idaho

Hey Guys, Thanks Daryl for mentioning us I appreciate it. Wanted to throw this out there if you all want to organize a group buy on the line locks. I can do them at .25 each if you want to order 250 of them or .20 each if you want to get 500 and up. This would be counting shipping them to one member to split up and send them out to everyone else. For more than 250 of them it would take me about a week to get them in stock. We try to keep a couple hundred on hand all the time for DIY orders and the projects we build them into. Hate to see you guys spend the next 5 years trying to unload 2000 of them :) Anyone interested in organizing a buy for them shoot me a PM and we can work out the details, But 500 or less should fit in a small priority flat rate box for $5.00

Paul

Ryan W

@mwilks

Very cool of you to offer Paul.

I'd be down for 20 if this takes place.

Terry Trimble

@socal-nomad

Locale: North San Diego county

If Paul can get the World side release line loc 3 buckle I will buy some also.
    Is this buckle your talking about Paul?
    link to WSR lineloc 3 buckle: http://global.itwnexus.com/content/world-sr-lineloc-3
    Or is it just the line loc3 ladder lock buckle you can get at your shop and quest fabrics.
    Terry

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

Those side release buckles look interesting. I'd be in for a few. Is anyone up for managing a group order?

Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

Wanted to throw this out there if you all want to organize a group buy on the line locks. I can do them at .25 each if you want to order 250 of them or .20 each if you want to get 500 and up.

Paul,

Thanks for the offer!

I am willing to be the person to place a bulk order with you and re-distribute them to others who express interest in advance provided the others are willing to cover paypal and shipping expenses (I'd use whichever shipper each buyer prefers).

If you are talking about the original lineloc 3's as shown here then I'd buy 100 for myself.

If you are referring to side release linelocs as shown here (which I thought was the OP's original request) then I'd be interested in 60 for myself. If you have these side release but the cost would be higher that you quoted in your offer I would find that reasonable.

If you can offer both of these then I'd buy the above mentioned quantities of both … would you be willing to include a total count of the two types to make your thresholds of 250 and 500?

Richard Brownkatz

@rbrownkatz

Yeah, the ITW Nexus World Side Release LineLoc 3 (Jim's second "shown here") are the ones I'm talking about. If you're interested in making a group buy for us, Paul, that would be very helpful. It also appears you would be the only US source for them in the US for small orders.

This is the ITW Nexus USA distributoir for them:

HiTex
    16110 Wood-Red Road
    Building D, Suite 11
    Woodinville, WA 98072
    Toll Free: 800-286-0659
    F: 425-488-3567
    Email: [email protected]
    http://www.hitexcorp.com

The smallest batch they'll sell is 2,000 at $660 plus frieght. They have to order them from ITW Nexus so it would take a while to get them.

That would be $.33 cents each, plus shipping. I'd certainly be willing to pay more than that for these things, so I imagine you could make a profit oif you carried them, Paul. Companies like Granite Gear seem to be using them more and more as a means to shave weight. I want to retrofit my Granite Gear packs with them and to use them on my Shangri-La 5.

I'd be glad to help counting and mailing.

Paul Gibson

@pgibson

Ok just got a call back from my supplier regarding the buckle line lock. We can get them, but there are a couple things to be aware of. They are not a stock item with nexus so they would have to be made, 12 week lead time. Second they are in batches of 2000 pieces. Pricing is comparable to what Richard found though they did let me know that the pricing they got from Nexus is for the line lock side only. Not sure if that is the case with the supplier that Richard listed but the second side of the buckle is a separate piece. In the second link Jim posted to the Nexus site you will see that the line lock is "shown with latch…."

So my offer stands on the line lock 3 that we stock, and if there is enough interest…and at 2000 pieces it would have to be quite a bit..we can work out the details on the side release line lock3.

Paul

Richard Brownkatz

@rbrownkatz

Okay it looks like I got this wrong. I apologize. Below is the text of the quote I got from Hi-Tex. I mis-read it. The price is double what I thought, so it's $.66 cents per set, plus frieght. Thats $1320 plus frient.

Sorry. I'm just a poor old hiker….

"PRICE QUOTE

TO: RICHARD BROWNKATZ

COMPANY:

SUBJECT: Price Quote

Dear Richard,

The following are the prices that you have requested. Please call me at (800) 286-0659 with any questions, thank you.

Best Regards,
    April

HITEX P/N DESCRIPTION M.O.Q. LEAD-TIME PRICE
    BN503-1100-5614 LINELOC 3MM WSR-LATCH-LL-BLACK 2,000 PCS
    (1 CASE) 8-13 WEEKS $330.00/M (1,000)
    BN503-0000-5614
    LINELOC 3MM WSR-BODY – BLACK 2,000 PCS
    (1 CASE) 8-13 WEEKS $330.00/M (1,000)"

Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

They are not a stock item with nexus

Hmmmm, that might explain the 2000 piece minimum order … there's a lot of inefficiency in starting a production line for a small number of pieces.

I'd be surprised, shocked actually, if there's enough interest to order up 2000.

But do we have enough interest to come up with an order of 250 pieces of the original lineloc 3?

Paul Gibson

@pgibson

Richard, I wandered if that might be the case once I got my numbers back from my supplier. It looks like I could beat them on price but it would still be about $0.55 each at a quantity of 2000 pieces, brings it down some to about $1,100. I can cover some but even the LL3 we don't use more than a few hundred a year in our products and a couple more for DIY sales so I don't think I would want more than 3-400 pieces for our stock. Off the bat I don't have a product that I would use them on so they would all be for DIY stock. I can post this on a couple other forums and our Facebook page to see if we could get some more interest to bring the numbers up.

On the LL3's…I am going out of town for a couple days this weekend and had planned to put a couple things on sale (boss is away, customers get to play sale) :) I will make the LL3's on sale at the .25 each rate as I think there is enough folks looking for some of them to make it worth wile. Like I mentioned I only have a couple hundred in stock right now so once they are divided up some orders may have about a week lead time on them just FYI. Sale is going up Friday morning before I hit the road. Hope it helps some folks out.

Paul

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools