Topic

MT. SHASTA Documentary — MAY & JUNE

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports MT. SHASTA Documentary — MAY & JUNE

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Commons

@ryancommons

Locale: Bay Area, California

Hey All,

I climbed Mt. Shasta back in late-May last year and shot a short video to show the entire experience. The video has weather, snow fields, snow camps, and great footage of the climb to the summit. If you are interested in climbing Shasta this summer, this video will show you what it is like and help you prep for it: A Complete Video Summary of the Climb Up Avalanche Gulch

Summit Day

I tried to give prospective climbers a sense of what it is like climb the popular and least technical route: Avalanche Gulch.

Hope you enjoy,

Ryan

KC Sterling

@ksterlingc7

Super rad video man. Great perspective and excellent choice of music. I got to do Mt. Whitney last year in early summer when there was still tons of snow and got to use an ice axe and crampons and glissade down. Every since that trip ive been trying to figure out my next mountaineering adventure and I think i just found it! The shot of you reaching the summit got me so fired up that I had to post even though I should be asleep cause work is gunna come real early haha. But anyways, inspirational video and really well done.

Richard Nisley
    BPL Member

@richard295

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

This was an inspirational adventure which you very professionally captured and produced so that we, your audience, could share your upwelling of awe… thank you!

Alex Wallace
    BPL Member

@feetfirst

Locale: Sierra Nevada North

Hi Ryan, Thanks for sharing. The glissade at the end of the video was phenomenal. Good music too. After watching, I spent an hour researching (thanks for the links as well) that route up Mt. Shasta.

Andy Schill

@aschill

Thanks so much for the video, it was really amazing!! Looks like an amazing time.

Jonathan Duckett
    BPL Member

@thunderhead

Locale: Great Smoky Mountains

Ryan, what a fine job you did on the video! I really enjoyed it. Living at the edge of the Smokies is great but watching you summit that mountain really made me jealous. Thanks for sharing so that this Smokies boy could see some awesome mountaineering.

Rick Horne
    BPL Member

@rick778

Locale: NorCal - South Bay - Campbell

Great video, really enjoyed it!

Ryan Commons

@ryancommons

Locale: Bay Area, California

Hey Glad you enjoyed the video. Thanks for the nice comments.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools