Topic

Taco Tater Tuesday

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Taco Tater Tuesday

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Dicentra OPW

@dicentra

Locale: PNW

Taco Taters
    Serves 1

DSC03372

½ cup instant mashed potatoes, any flavor
    1 T taco seasoning mix
    1 T tomato powder
    1 snack-size bag corn chips

At home: combine the potatoes, taco seasoning and tomato powder in a zip locking plastic bag. Carry the corn chips separately.

In camp: add a generous 1 cup of hot water to the potato mix. Stir well. Serve with corn chips.

Kathleen B

@rosierabbit

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Thanks for keeping this going, Teresa. I just made this for a late lunch. Besides being simple, it tastes very good. It also lends itself to any sort of personal complexity you might want. Since I'm a cheese junkie, I added some cheddar cheese.

I may offer to make some for the realtor when she comes in a few hours to list my condo for sale!

Aaron Benson

@aaronmb

Locale: Central Valley California

Thanks!

Dicentra – I had the Pizza Taters today for lunch in the office. It was tasty; watching my cohorts watch me prep/make it was even better.

Cheese is indeed great, Kathleen. For the Pizza Taters I had for lunch today, I added a stick of pepper-jack cheese to the already cheesy four-cheese taters…good stuff!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools