Topic

24 hours in Roan Highlands

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports 24 hours in Roan Highlands

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Patrick S

@xpatrickxad

Locale: Upper East TN

This past weekend I did a quick overnight on the AT in the Roan area. I parked at 19E and hit the trail in the afternoon. I hiked south (it felt so wrong) on the AT to Overmountain and the back the next day. I'm guessing 9-10 miles each day.

The main goal of this trip was to get some views on the the Hump Mountains because every time I've been up there its been hailing, raining, or foggy. What I got was not only great views, but also one of the best wildflower hikes in a long time.

Since I had plenty of daylight and low miles I was talking to everyone that would stop and talk to me. At one point I was chatting with this attractive lady walking her dogs and I was right in front of her and turned my head to say something to her and tripped over a root and fell face first into a tree. Resulting in a hilariously embarassing moment and what looks like a toenail thats going to fall off yet again. haha

All in all it was a fantastic trip that was much more than I expected.

More images on my blog: http://patrickofeasttn.blogspot.com/2011/04/spring-has-sprung.html I keep messing the HTML up and its killing my post. So copy and Paste.

Patrick S

@xpatrickxad

Locale: Upper East TN

Patrickofeasttn.blogspot.com

This board really needs a "preview post" option like every other message board on the Internet. haha

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

Glad you were able to catch the flowers in all their glory!

ASide from the toenail bit I wish I was there with ya. I love that area – most any time of year.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools