Topic

Inov-8 TerraShank vs. MetaShank

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Inov-8 TerraShank vs. MetaShank

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Terri Wright
    BPL Member

@ncalcamper

Locale: SF Bay Area

I'm naturally drawn towards the terrashank because I have tender feet and expect to be hiking on rocky trails. I tried on the Roclite 285 and thought the sole protection was pretty good, but it's hard to tell in the store. Can I get some feedback on how the metashank works on rocky trails compared to the terrashank?

Roger B
    BPL Member

@rogerb

Locale: Denmark

I use the Terroc 330 (terra shank) and the 370/390 (meta shank) the meta shank provides a "stiffer sole" that is does not twist as much as the terra shank does. For long distance walking I prefer the meta shank. But then my feet have seen quite a few miles. Your feet may be younger.

Steven Paris
    BPL Member

@saparisor

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I guess I a little tired, but I swear that I saw your thread as "TerraShark vs. MetaShark", like one of those bad SyFy movies . . . .

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools