Topic

Fancee Feest Modification

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Fancee Feest Modification

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Locale: www.bplite.com

Many of you have made the DIY version of the Fancee Feest. It's been around for many years and has proven itself time and time again.

Well I modified it to be used on a pot that is 2.75 inches in diameter. Many of you can benefit by modifying yours.

I have a vested interest in the stove and the kit that is shown in the video.

Just thought you might be interested in the modification. Lower the height of the pot support to make it work on smaller diameter pots.

<center>

</center>

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

Dan, you shot that video in a very bright area. The faint blue alcohol flame doesn't show up.

The corrugated windscreen looks OK, except that if you fully encircle the pot and stove with it, there is no cool air intake. I would think that some air holes punched in the bottom would help.

This alcohol stove seems to be optimized for fuel efficiency. That's fine. I'm sure that there are some people who like that. Some of the rest of us go after stoves with fast boil times. I guess we are impatient.

That tall, skinny boiling pot looks unique. Are you sure that it is stable and it won't fall over in a breeze?

–B.G.–

John Devitt
    BPL Member

@cabana

Locale: Colorado

Hey Zelph,

No critic here, just a simple thanks for sharing the mod. I have learned a lot from you videos and website. Thank you!

Regards,
    John

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

"Dan, you shot that video in a very bright area. The faint blue alcohol flame doesn't show up."

Bob must have a PC. The flame shows up on my Mac on both sides of the pot. In fact I got a chuckle watching you stick your finger in it and then pull back quickly!

Daryl and Daryl
    BPL Member

@lyrad1

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth

Dan,

Thanks for the video and info.

Loved the clock and the way you presented everything so clearly and really appreciate you taking the time to do this. Some Mission Impossible music would have gone well with the video too.

Daryl

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Thanks everyone for the compliments.

B.G. the windscreen was to show the height. I have discovered a way to fine tune a windscreen to the stove being used. I'll show that in a later video with a previous video of windscreen design.

Years ago BPL sold a stove design made by SGT. Rock went by the name of "Ion". Very small, light weight and very efficient. Many enjoyed the wait for the water to boil. Since that time you and many others have lost patience and want food NOW. The old reliable "SuperCat" is the stove for you or maybe a canister.

This soloist kitchen will fit nicely in one of the side pockets of a pack. In the other pocket could be your freezer bags meals. It's narrow design lends itself nicely to those side pockets.

I'll do an evening video for you in the near future. I did one for you to show the wind resistance of the stove. I simulated a pretty stiff breeze using a large fan. Let me know what you think.

<center>

</center>

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

"I simulated a pretty stiff breeze using a large fan."

Excellent. Now you need to test it around the St. Louis airport. Lately they've had some winds hitting from all directions.

–B.G.–

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

I left St. Louis on the 11th of this month, should have stayed longer to do the test. Weather was beautiful then. Scoped out the Shaunee National Forest(Illinois) for campsites and rattle snakes coming out of hibernation, going back down there in a month or two to hang hammocks.

My soloist kitchen would have flown the coop during the St. Louis Breeze, Dan LOL

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools