Topic

Rowing trips

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Packrafting Rowing trips

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Zachary Zrull

@zackcentury

Locale: Great Lakes

Has anyone ever taken any long distance rowing trips? Yeah, I've heard of those two guys who canoed across Canada, and I think there have been attempts to cross the Atlantic in a kayak, but I'd be interested to hear from those who take sculling trips, if such things have ever been done.

I know of only one tour like this (aside from ocean rowing). A husband and wife team made a rowing journey from Scotland to Syria a few years ago, traveling either by rowboat or bicycle, with their boats on trailers behind the bikes. The trip looks like a dream, but of course the guy who did it was 2007's "Adventurer of the Year". Do normal people do this sort of thing too?

link here

Ryan W

@mwilks

Check out the book "Rowing to Latitude" for some Arctic rowing expeditions.

That is about all I can think of off the top of my head for rowing specific.

John Jensen

@johnj

Locale: Orange County, CA

Well there are those people who do oceans ;-). As an example of internet awesomeness, there is actually a page where you can pick up a boat: link

(There are also communities of Mississippi River rowers, and some good books of their experiences.)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools