Topic

Fabric on Sale This Week

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support BPL.com News and Info Fabric on Sale This Week

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

To prompt you to consider taking up sewing and begin your path down the "Make Your Own Gear" (MYOG) road we are offering up our 2-layer waterproof breathable fabric for sale this week.

Jerry Adams has posted an article called MYOG: eVent Rain/Wind Jacket which he constructed using a fabric just like this.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Although we can't legally list this on the product page, the product we are selling is in fact two layer eVent waterproof breathable fabric.

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

The white two layer fabric is recommended to have a lining fabric

It weighs 1.6 ounce per square yard, if you use .9 ounce fabric for a lining the total would be 2.5 ounces per square yard

I used what I think was 2.2 ounce per square yard, but I don't know anywhere you can buy that

Quest has 2.5 ounce 2.5 layer WPB fabric, but I don't think it would be quite as waterproof and breathable as eVent

So, the white plus lining ends up being a pretty good solution.

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

I'm not complaining but the regular price is $78 for members, the sale price is the same

Typically, when something is on sale, it's cheaper, is that what you intended?

But, $78 is a good price because you can't find it anywhere else

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

The pricing was a mistake, thanks, Jerry. It is currently on sale for $64 (20% off).

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

$64 is a really good price : )

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools