Topic

font/print options, OK??? :)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support font/print options, OK??? :)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

It would be VERY helpful if we could have font/print options such as UNDERLINE, BOLD, ITALICS, COLOR, etc. as they do on some other outdoor websites.

As it is now we have only UPPER CASE as an option, which seems like we're SHOUTING when we really just want to emphasize.

Whaddya say?

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

italicize

bold

underline

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

Showoff. :)

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

<i>italicize&</i>

<b>bold&</b>

<u>underline&</u>

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

A bit o' color.

A bit more color.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Eric:

Hehe… hard to believe the thousands of posts you must have read to date — and you haven't noticed anything underlined, bolded or in italics ? :)

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Color me red.

Color me blue.

<p style="color:red">Color me red.</p> <p style="color:blue">Color me blue.</p>

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

Hehe… hard to believe the thousands of posts you must have read to date — and you haven't noticed anything underlined, bolded or in italics ? :)

What Eric means is that in other forum software, there are buttons just like in MS Word. You highlight text and then click a number of different buttons to apply the text formatting you want. No HTML coding necessary. Point and Click. Also they have buttons to easily apply hyperlinks, glowing text, marquee text, left/center/right text align, indent text, font size, font face, quick link to pictures on such services as Picasso and Webshots, FTP links, insert tables, super and sub scripts, bullets, a library of smileys and similar graphics, Spell check, and even a preview screen to check and see that your links and even pictures are correct before you post.

For example Simple Machine's SMF software can do all of this. And I think it is Open Source and is free. Even has shopping cart in it.

But what do I know? I am just an old fart who doesn't even know what facer book and tweeter is. And I use my cell phone to CALL people :)

But then, I really did like Word Perfect and Lotus 123 for DOS and don't understand why we changed. And I still use a slide rule, and think a compass is vastly superior to a GPS unit.

Maybe this is what Guey is? Or is it GUI?

I guess what Eric really might be saying that since this is the 21st century, maybe we could move into the present millennium :)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools