Topic

Choose Forums to View

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support Choose Forums to View

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Bob Bankhead
    BPL Member

@wandering_bob

Locale: Oregon, USA

The number of rediculous political and anti-social threads on CHAFF are getting out of hand and filling my screen with posts I'll never read.

Can the software be set to allow BPL members – especially Life Members – to elect which of the many possible forums we want to see? The default could be "view all". Unselect whichever forums you want to hide and those would not appear when you click on New Posts Since Last Visit.

I joined BPL for the articles and relevant forum discussions; not to be bombarded by a lot of irrelevant junk.

End rant.

Steve Bennett

@packrat

It would be great if you could choose which forms to include in the Recent Threads option as I would like to exclude the Gear Swap and Chaff.

d k
    BPL Member

@dkramalc

I agree; it's making it difficult for me to find really helpful new posts without spending hours wading through the other stuff. The result is that I'm not reading much except titles of new posts.

Nathan V
    BPL Member

@junk

Locale: The Great Lake State

+2, Great idea, Bob.

Michael Ray
    BPL Member

@topshot

Locale: Midwest

> It would be great if you could choose which forms to include in the Recent Threads option as I would like to exclude the Gear Swap and Chaff.

+1 (or +3)

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

There is a (rather inelegant) way to do this, if you've got a decent web browser. Create a folder on your browser bar. Open each forum you'd like to peruse, and save that page as a bookmark to the created folder. When you're done, set that folder to open automatically on launch, and each bookmark will open in its own tab with the most current post in that forum at the top.

That way, you only open the forums you want to see, and not be bothered with those you don't want to see.

Like I said, rather inelegant, but it works, and could be a stopgap measure until the software is updated or changed.

FWIW.

Justin McMinn

@akajut

Locale: Central Oklahoma

+1 It would be nice to have some check boxes that would hide/unhide certain forums. It seems like it would be easiest with CSS classes for each forum.

In the mean time, I've found it is easiest to scan the boards by going to the "New Posts Since Last Visit" and then under "Sort by" choose "Forum Ascending" I then scroll past the forums I'm not interested in.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

Patching the current software is unfortunately not a cost-effective thing for us to do at this time. This issue will be addressed in our eventual software update however. I agree and I would prefer to have more control over what I do and don't view in the forums.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools