Topic

Cricket has arrived

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Cricket has arrived

Viewing 7 posts - 101 through 107 (of 107 total)
  • Author
    Jason Elsworth
    Spectator

@jephoto

Locale: New Zealand

Try contacting this guy he has just used one on a long trip http://transscandinavia.wordpress.com/the-gear/

michael levi

@m-l

Locale: W-Never Eat Soggy (W)affles

I already contacted that guy and he said hes work on getting a review of the cricket up.

Meanwhile, bump for this shelter… Pics please?

Mole J
    BPL Member

@mole

Locale: UK

tramplite.com/2013/02/mld-cricket-review.html?m=1

lots of pitching instructions and photos.

think he just sold it to me!

Jeffs Eleven
    BPL Member

@woodenwizard

Locale: NePo

Well that guy def has the pitch down! Wow looks like it has solid wall panels in every pic!

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

I might have to give the inner a chance, been using a bivy w/ it- the inner is only 1.5 oz more

David Ure

@familyguy

Looks like a very nice 2 season shelter, indeed. Why one wouldn't just get a SoloMid is beyond me.

With respect to the storm mode, how does one crawl in?

Dave V
    Spectator

@vaughaag

Locale: Nr Exeter

I’ve had a Cricket for a few months now and had it out in all kinds of weather. Its very stable, roomy, easy to pitch, good coverage.. I could go on.

Pitching takes around 3-5 minutes depending on the ground and whether you get get the pegs in where you want them. I set my main pole to 138-140cm. If the weather is good the pole gets set along the back panel which gives mountains of room inside.

Storm mode, I simple remove the door pole and extend the line out leaving approx 45cm gap at the front. Loosen one corner and the door and its easy to get in without having to completely crawl. Simply tighten the lines up again once your in, door first then the front corner.

Viewing 7 posts - 101 through 107 (of 107 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools