Topic

Every Day Carry Tool Review Contest at Cool Tools with Baladeo 22g/34g as a prize for best review

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Every Day Carry Tool Review Contest at Cool Tools with Baladeo 22g/34g as a prize for best review

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    oliver hulland
    Spectator

@oli_h

(Admins, if this isn't an appropriate place for this announcement, let me know if there is somewhere else I can post it)

Hey there everyone,

Outside of stalking Backpacking Light for gear deals and learning all about how to lighten my load on the trail, my other job is as editor of the website Cool Tools. After reading about the Baladeo 22g here on BPL, I picked one up and found that it was exactly what I was looking for in terms of a knife I could carry with me every day without the burden of a heavy pocket (or pack).

In an attempt to drum up some reviews of other great every day carry tools, we are holding a contest wherein we are seeking reviews of everyone's favorite EDC tools (whether in suburbia or in the backwoods) with the winning reviewer getting to pick their prize from the prize pool (which includes both the Baladeo 22g and 34g). Do you always carry your Patagonia Houdini with you? What about that Photon Micro Light attached to your keychain? We want to hear about it! (Just make sure to check that the tool hasn't already been reviewed on the site.)

Baladeo was kind enough to send us a few as prizes, so even if you don't win the EDC contest, be sure to submit to any contests we have in the future (we are going to have one every two weeks from now on).

We are accepting submissions until Friday, April 22nd, and feel free to submit reviews you have already written here or elsewhere (and they don't have to be about backpacking tools as we all have lives outside of the woods). Also be sure to publish the reviews here (in the community reviews) when you're done if you think it would be helpful for BPL folk. We just want to help others find the best EDC tools out there.

Here's the official write up:

The tools you have with you are the ones that are going to get used, and so it is with great pleasure that we are announcing our newest contest seeking the best everyday carry (EDC) tools.

The diversity of tools that people carry with them whether on keychains, in pockets and/or bags never ceases to astonish. From Moleskines to Leathermen, and flashlights to Buffs, the sheer number of tools we have to choose from is overwhelming. That's where you come in.

Send us reviews of your everyday carry tools, and explain why they have made the cut. There is no limit to how many you can include, and feel free to submit EDC tools from specific situations like camping or biking. Just remember every tool should be reviewed with the following five parts in mind:

1) a succinct description of what the tool is,
    2) how it changed your behavior,
    3) why Cool Tools should run the item,
    4) why it is superior to other things, and
    5) why we should believe you.

Submissions will be accepted until Friday, April 22nd. As usual, the author of the most publishable review gets to select a prize from the Prize Pool and will be published the following week. So tell us all about the tools you have with you when it counts!

For inspiration, here are some previously reviewed EDC Cool Tools:
    Split-Pea Lighter
    Nite Ize S-Biner
    Utili-Key

Good Luck!

— Oliver Hulland, Editor, Cool Tools

oliver hulland
    Spectator

@oli_h

Oops, I forgot to include that you can email reviews to me at [email protected], or submit them through this link: submit a tool!

Best,
    Oliver H

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools