Topic

SmartWool at Steep and Cheap

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals SmartWool at Steep and Cheap

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

At approx 15:30 on 11/6/2006 SAC flipped over to selling SmartWool Smart Tee for $27.76 … somewhat better than REI-outlet’s closeout price of $41.93

Joshua Mitchell

@jdmitch

Locale: Kansas

Darnnit…

Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

Yousa, those went quick!

There was a selection of most sizes for 3 colors when it started.

Joshua Mitchell

@jdmitch

Locale: Kansas

For some reason, even though I’m subscribed to their RSS feed, I still get updates late from SAC. My feed was showing the previous deal (some goggles I think) and when I clicked it, the shirts popped up in XL only… that would have been a steal…

Douglas Frick
    BPL Member

@otter

Locale: Wyoming

It’s not just you. It might be your RSS reader’s refresh time, but I yesterday I manually checked SAC and my RSS reader didn’t have the update for almost half an hour (on a 15-minute RSS refresh cycle). Odd thing is, sometimes I notice SAC going back to a previous deal.

If you want to feel bad about missing previous deals, check out SACattack.com.

Rod Lawlor
    BPL Member

@rod_lawlor

Locale: Australia

Not sure how many left

Rich P
    BPL Member

@montclair

Locale: Lower Hudson Valley

If you sign up for their email, you only get the first deal of the day (midnight MT time).

I recently d/l’ed their Desktop Alert and it works great. You get a popup above the system tray and an audio tone for each new item.

You can also get email alerts from http://www.sacattack.com/ and they send one for every new item.

The best, however, is leaving a window open, keeping an eye on the site and hitting F5 (refresh) when the qtys get low. Sometimes popular items, like goggles, sunglasses, woolwear and Arc’teryx are sold out in minutes.

Careful though, it’s habit forming!

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

They have women’s Smartwool tees on there right now for $22 (12:47 PST 11/8)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools